AllNews Module - FLEXIcontent support! (v 2.5.5)

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #4179 by Olinad
This module was first created by Micker and Thierry S., and then I started editing it. It now supports FLEXIcontent's image fields, secondary category system, custom text fields and much more... Feel free to ask for more features in this topic, or show me bugs, help with the code, translate the module to your own language...

Commenting Systems supported: JComments, Webee Comment, !JoomlaComment, yvComment, ZiMB Comment, RDBS Comments, Joomla Commentator!. I didn't actually test them all, let me know if something doesn't work.

You can get the latest version of the module on my website .

Visit my website | Rate and Review AllNews on the JED!

Changelog wrote: New in 2.5.3:

• Bugfix: Date didn't display properly if FLEXicontent wasn't installed on the site - the issue has now been corrected
  • Output is now formed mainly by functions - this helps the ordering feature (see below)
  • $moduleclass_sfx removed, as it didn't offer anything more than the other CSS options
  • Advanced templating: just write the TAG corresponding to what you want to be shown to get it! This allows free ordering and positioning. See the template in the module's description for more info.
  • Backend Tabs ordered again - This ordering should be final
  • Show Frontpage articles only / Hide Frontpage articles / Show both Normal and Frontpage articles option corrected (it was incomplete and didn't work properly)

ToDo List wrote:

• Templating Tool
  • Add list of articles at the bottom (option "Start from Xth article" would allow the same output, but sometimes you can only choose to display one module and not 2)
  • Order UPCOMING by FLEXI date field (and maybe recent and latest modified too?) {I tried doing so but there are some problems with FLEXIcontent's date field}
  • Limit news to: FLEXIcontent TAGs you like

status101 wrote: As a tip to maybe save others searching... I also got a whole pile of errors: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /joomla/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 106

I found a solution to this in another post: www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10

Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Olinad.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 month ago #4182 by brandonroot
Thanks so much! Though I'm getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/content/24/5319324/html/modules/mod_allnews/tmpl/default.php on line 493
More
14 years 1 month ago #4184 by status101
Hi There, I would also like to say thank you Olinad. I have been looking for this sort of thing for a while, and I need it for a couple of projects at the moment so thank you so very much.

I just downloaded version 2.2 and was getting the same error.

It turned out that there was a missing close to the if statement:
Code:
<?php endif; ?>
just below the error line number in \tmpl\default.php

I replaced the following code from line 493
Code:
<?phpif ( $more == 1 ) : ?> <div>[url=<?php print "$morelink"; ?>]<?php print "$morewhat"; ?>[/url]</div>

with
Code:
<?php if ( $more == 1 ) : ?> <div>[url=<?php print "$morelink"; ?>]<?php print "$morewhat"; ?>[/url]</div> <?php endif; ?>

and it seems to be working now...

As a tip to maybe save others searching... I also got a whole pile of errors: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /joomla/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 106

I found a solution to this in another post: www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10

Just as another thought.. I actually first tried to used this news module - by turning off everything except the title, and setting the "shorten title" field to "0" - which then does not shorten the title at all... to create a dynamic menu of articles... something I have seem others ask for in the forum.

I have also tested other general com_content modules that list articles and after fixing the "Invalid argument" error, some of these are working as well.. which open up a LOT of possibilities for me.. I am just about to try and add one of these articles lists to the megamenu system from the T3 framework (which can add a module into the menu) to actually create a dynamic dropdown menu system listing my articles. I actually ended up looking at other module for this purpose because AllNews renders tables, where as some of the simpler 'list' modules render divs or lists which work better for the menu purpose.

Anyway, thank you again Olinad fantastic work!
More
14 years 1 month ago #4185 by Olinad
I'm glad you corrected the mistakes I made, I actually learned SQL when I started working on this module, so this is my first try. I'll look into these errors tonight - now I'm connected through my NDS - and release a correction as soon as possible.
About the tables, anyway, I used them to be sure that the news didn't overlap when the image was present and the description was missing. I'll add a toggle that allows you to use the module tableless if you need it, but you'll have to be careful with the module's settings then.
About the 'strip tirle to 0' issue, i think it's related to the php string that is used to strip the title. I'll add an if statement and try to achieve what you want, but I don't assure you I'll be able to do something like that.
The thing I wanted to be sure of is the image field support, as I actually did it 'the easy way' and the same thing could be achieved with a longer but more precise code. If you get a mistake just tell me and I'll swap the two codes.

I'm just glad you like the module, but I also would underline the fact that I'm no programmer (not yet at least XD) and I'm just a guy that needed this module himself, and started scanning the code to find a way of doing what he wanted. This module is just D.I.Y. practise, so accept it for what it is... it's just me behind it ATM! This doesn't mean you should not ask for features or submit bugs you find, I'll look into everything as I want to learn, but I wanted to say that I could have made stupid mistakes... But I'm willing to correct them one by one if needed :)

Version 2.2.1 coming later today, with tableless output support and (hopefully) bug corrections :D
More
14 years 1 month ago #4187 by Olinad
Version 2.2.1 can be found in the first post, with a new toggle to decide where to show the image and the correction of the bug you showed me before. I'll test it a bit right now

EDIT: Whoops, a little mistake in the install file... I'll correct it right away :3

EDIT_2: I actually didn't understand what you meant by "to create a dynamic menu of articles... something I have seem others ask for in the forum". I'd gladly try doing what you need if I just understood it XD
More
14 years 1 month ago #4205 by micker
hello i am very impressiv for you work !!!!
do you think it's possible to select a flexicontent date field for the end of article ?
(i try too translate in french soon)
thanks for your works !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline