FLEXIContent - v2.0.0 - final for J2.5 released (r1648)

More
11 years 8 months ago #27954 by effrit
hi,ggppdk, its me again :D
in advanced routing plugin i misunderstanding this part:
"Hide Categories from Pathway/URLs for Types"
in my case only path in "Breadcrumbs" module is changing.
for example, from

breadcrumbs: Home > Beginners
URL: /19-joomla/8-beginners

to

breadcrumbs: Home > Loomla > Beginners
URL: /19-joomla/8-beginners

may be you will post an example there URLis changing too?

or, if this plugin for Breadcrumbs only it will more right to change
to
"Hide Categories from Pathway (breadcrumbs) for Types"
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 8 months ago #27955 by ggppdk
Yes, i will change description,

it is used in breadcrumbs and in creating the parts of a SH404SEF URL

but also i think i need to check its usage in SH404, because it is removing item title from URL instead of categories titles

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
More
11 years 8 months ago #27956 by ggppdk
-- I ll change the description in advanced Route System Plugin:

so that:
becomes
"Hide Categories from Pathway (breadcrumbs) for Types"

so that:
"Hide category links"
becomes
Prevent Linking to Categories
(e.g. use for categories 'Frontpage', 'Top Slideshow' )

-- Also i ll add popup descriptions
(but not language strings yet because i might make more changes to the description)

e.g. "Prevent Linking to Categories" will have a description stating that e.g. the categories alias will not appear in SH404SEF URLs either

Also i will put a note inside Global configuration, telling users (maybe provide a link), they need to visit FLEXIcontent system plugins for configurations some important parameters

(i have mostly restructured the Global parameters into 5-7 tabs to allow easier navigation/configuration, and will be in 2.0a too)

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
More
11 years 8 months ago #27959 by effrit
ggppdk, absolutely good! ;)
i want post about linking this plugin and global configuration by myself cose they working together :D

thanks for quick response :P
More
11 years 8 months ago #28050 by Rooney
Sorry, I don't get it. I tried this: www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... ntent.html

I am able to switch from German to English (r1420). Fine. But how do I translate categories? Do I have to setup a new category and assign the English versions to this category? When I use JoomFish for 2.5 for translation and enable the JoomFish abstraction layer, I am getting a loop and after some time error messages. If I disable the abstraction layer nothing is translated. The same for menu items. Do I have to setup news links to the new category with the English content? This is like maintaining two Joomla installations.

To be honest the new Joomla 2.5 multi-language feature is totally unusable for larger sites. Waste of development time if nothing follows. It makes more sense to finish one page a in a language, copy the whole Joomla installation and continue with to installations.

Rooney

ggppdk wrote: Yes it is possible. (We do it already in J1.5 version !!!)

J2.5 user selects on each individual site what he will use:

-- but he must install Falang OR Joomfish in J2.5

Choice 1: full item translations with associations of translated content and switching of the fly via FLEXIcontent Advance Route or via Joomfish for J2.5

Choice 2: old but easier approach which does not translate extra fields , but you can edit all translations in a single FLEXIcontent item edit form (where you are presented with one tab per language for title, description, meta data). In this case Falang replaces the translated data when the item / category is presented in the frontend, like Joomfish did in J1.5

NOTE:
J2.5 approach of giving a language to each article (=item) , is the approach that FLEXIcontent had from the beginning ...,

now Joomfish for J2.5 uses an approach of (a) associating items together and (b) switching the in the frontend,

-- we have both of these already implemented (not only for J2.5 but for J1.5 too !!!), i mean with FLEXIcontent v1.5.6 in J1.5 with Advanced Route Plugin, you can use what Joomfish will do in J2.5

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9
More
11 years 8 months ago #28059 by ggppdk
Falang for J2.5,
acts like Joomfish acts in J1.5, did you try Falang?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline