FLEXIContent - v2.0.0 - final for J2.5 released (r1648)

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #18296 by Anonymous

To yeahzoomzoom, Yes it is possible to show a category tree starting at a specific parent. I will examine this.

This can be done by adding a new task button at category manager called "Set as Base". Then you would select a category and click the task. Also a task button to return to top category.

Regards

ggppdk
Core developer

Thanks for the fast reply!

This would be AWESOME if you could provide this functionality.

I have investigated every extension out there, and have not turned up any that attempt to restore the old Section/Category hierarchy functionality.

Cheers,
The topic has been locked.
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #18297 by Anonymous
I just want to be clear on what I'm asking for to make sure we're talking about the same thing ..

I've added two quick mockups to give you the general idea.

In the item list, you would have two drop downs.

The Select Category drop down ONLY shows Level 1 Categories (it would also have an All Categories option to maintain the current behaviour)

The Select Sub-Category drop down ONLY shows nested categories that are children of the Level 1 category selected in the first drop-down.

By keeping the Include Subcategories checkbox, we would still be able to see a recursive list based on a higher level parent.

This functionality would then also be available when creating a new item (mockup also attached to this reply.)

Both of these selections would be persistent so that they don't have to be reselected for every new article we create.

Any other similar implementation would be interesting, I just wanted to illustrate as clearly as I could what our specific requirement is to make sure we're on the same page.

Does this make sense? Is this what you understood from my initial request?

Cheers!
Attachments:
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #18298 by Anonymous
Sorry, it looks like large images can't be scrolled when uploaded via this form.

I've attached a smaller version of the item-list proposal:

Cheers!
Attachments:
More
12 years 8 months ago #18313 by micker
Interesting propose. +1

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
More
12 years 8 months ago #18325 by ggppdk
Fixed many of these, i hope to finish soon

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
More
12 years 8 months ago #18329 by effrit
we are ready for testing new beta version! :D
Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline