Perfomance issues [Reading of templates not cached in J2.5]

More
11 years 9 months ago #26346 by ggppdk
Yes it is working for J1.5 version. For J2.5, we still do not have a solution for this.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #26350 by pshoeg
That's too bad — hope you can fix it sometime. Thanks for your help so far!

More
11 years 9 months ago #26416 by pshoeg
Hi again,

Just wanted to ask if I should report this as an issue on Google Project Hosting — is it an error or just an enhancement? For me, it is a really important fix, as the system becomes virtually unusable because of the long loading times.

For instance, we have a knowledge base used by our call center. Some of the employees open a lot of the pages from the knowledge base in tabs, because it's quicker to change tabs than it is to wait on the page to render.

I'll be happy to help in any way I can, I'm just not a programmer. That's probably also why I don't understand that it worked in Joomla 1.5, but not in 2.5.

More
11 years 9 months ago #26422 by ggppdk
Problem is that the output produced by our template-reading function can not be cached, because it can not be compressed the "PHP way" of 'serialize'.

Will fix this problem somehow.
I have a couple of ideas.

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 9 months ago #26490 by ggppdk
In r1364

# Fixed performance issue in J2.5, regarding inability to cache the parsed FLEXIcontent templates XML configuration files

This was really tricky to do. I have tested it, and it works properly. I hope nothing was broken

More
11 years 9 months ago #26500 by micker
impressive ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline