[SOLVED] category view - field stopped showing

More
7 years 6 months ago #64484 by manchine
Sorry for the food of messages, but it really important for us to sort this issue.

In the image upload dialog I have noticed that FC tries to upload the original image file to images/stories/flexicontent/item_XXX_field_19/original, not to components/com_flexicontent/uploads/

I've got this info from the session debugger.

"fc_upload_path_19_231": "\/path\/to\/main\/2016\/images\/stories\/flexicontent\/item_231_field_19\/original"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #64485 by micker
yes in new version we update folder mode with multiupload system

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
7 years 6 months ago #64486 by manchine
Another detail I have noticed is that the image upload dialog changes from the older version of the interface to the newer upon saving the Cover Image field, even without changing any parameter.

We are back to the beginning.

Saving the image field is ultimately what caused all this mayhem.
Something gets misconfigured behind the scenes.
This looks most definitely like a bug in FC.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #64487 by ggppdk
Hello

by your last 2 topics is see what happened
- your image field was in "DB-mode" as "Image source"

but now it seems to be in "Folder mode"
please edit the field configuration and make sure it is in "DB-mode", and then save it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by ggppdk.

More
7 years 6 months ago #64488 by manchine
I've just tried that, but still no luck.

Plus, I'm pretty positive that the Image Source upload mode has always been set to "Item+Field Specific Folder".
I draw this conclusion from analysing previous backups if the site, from before the field disappeared.

More
7 years 6 months ago #64489 by manchine
Also, when an item with field Cover Image is saved, the image then disappears from the Item details view.
Before saving it, however, the image still displays as expected.
It would appear that the item (also the category view) is looking for a different image path than the one it should.

As noted in an earlier post, this mess started happening when the Cover Image filed was save *without any modifications.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline