Tabbed Template Issue

More
11 years 5 months ago #31649 by mauriestate
Replied by mauriestate on topic Tabbed Template Issue
Hi Everyone,

I must say that I am really impressed by the FC community, for so many reasons, the first one being that it's a non-commercial extension and so many people devoted to it!

With so much pleasure to use it, we initially start the development of our website using many extensions like K2 for news & offers, we even purchase Event Booking Pro for event listing and finally SobiPro for directories and restaurant guide, however, it is not that we are judging anyone as people are different everywhere, but, we never get such support anywhere from these extension developers.

Now, even if we need to take a bit more time, we have been working for the last 36 hours to replace all the above mention extensions with FlexiContent because it is so 'Flexible' and easy to use that even a newbie (like me lol) can easily create very professional stuffs with it.

So, thank you very much all of you guys, by tomorrow, I will definitely move to JED and write a full review based on what I just mention here, you really deserve it and I will definitely make some donations to support your work guys, again, you really deserve it.

Now, I get back to this issue, based on the fact that we were having too much trouble to solve the problem with the Yootheme template, and also because I started to love FC very much, I decided that rather than to hire the service of a developer to look at the js issue, we purchase a subscription with GavickPro and downloaded the GK Music template and install it on our website.

Now, we are having another strange issue, as I mention above, we are currently changing all above mention extensions to use FC, we are having many types and categories, but different results with each type and category, just to have an idea, I will invite you to have a look at these three pages:

1. www.mauriresto.com/supermarket-sponsors/item/25-simla-way.html
2. www.mauriresto.com/desert-and-ice-cream-...german-pancakes.html
3. www.mauriresto.com/vip-members/item/30-tomy-francois.html

Just have a look at the bottom of each of these pages, you will see that for example, link number one looks fine, link number two, there is a blank space at the bottom of the page after the footer menu and finally link number three is fine again!

We are currently creating other types and categories and we are afraid that we have such issue for other pages as well, can anyone please have a look at this and update us?

Thanks,

Tomy

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31650 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Tabbed Template Issue
Again this is an issue with your template which has nothing to do with FLEXIcontent.

For example this height of 3650px is being added by JavaScript:
Code:
<div id="OverlayContainer" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 1085px; visibility: hidden; overflow: hidden; z-index: 100; opacity: 0; height: 3650px;">

Using one of these complicated bloated template frameworks along with many different extensions has created a complicated mess where it is difficult to manage all the unforeseen interactions.

The total page size is approx. 2.4 MB.
When I previously looked at the page size from your original post it was almost 4 MB!

Current page:
- 91 JavaScripts (1.6 MB!! :shock: )
- 20 CSS files
- 76 images
- 198 HTTP requests

You cannot simply install all this complicated bloated stuff all at once and expect it all to work.
<end wake-up call> ;)

This height issue is again an issue with the template and not FLEXIcontent.
It again appears to be the JavaScript setting the height does not understand all the hidden DIVs from other extensions HTML and it sets the height too high.
Start turning-things Off to see the source of the issue.

And I would again recommend talking to the template vendor.
I am sure they have seen this issue before and may have a work-around.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31674 by mauriestate
Replied by mauriestate on topic Tabbed Template Issue
Hi Everyone,

Current page:
- 91 JavaScripts (1.6 MB!! :shock: )
- 20 CSS files
- 76 images
- 198 HTTP requests

I am quite a newbie with Joomla and still learning :roll: and same with other extensions, my friend and I decided to launch a small project and I decided to move ahead with Joomla 2.5 but still have lot to learn.

Followed your remarks, I decided to start the website again from scratch, not using Sobipro and K2 at all but only FlexiContent, I also replace EventList by FlexiContent and so on.

Still, there is some issues with the template, I tried to set the default template of Joomla and FC just worked fine, I have already created a topic on GK forum and awaiting their support to solve the issue.

Thanks to all of you guys, you are just great, by the way, any advice on an event template for FC as we'll need one to create our event category.

Thanks,

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31711 by Rehne
Replied by Rehne on topic Tabbed Template Issue

mauriestate wrote: ...by the way, any advice on an event template for FC as we'll need one to create our event category.

Thanks,

maybe that FC Template
flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=28&t=...v=viewtopic&start=30
is enough for your needs

More
10 years 2 months ago #45204 by agnesch
Replied by agnesch on topic Tabbed Template Issue
Hello, I have the same problem that was discussed in this thread.
As you can see from the attachment, only when I use FC tabbed template, an extra bottom space is added at the end of the page, after the footer module.
I'm pretty sure this is not a FC issue but a template issue, as I've tried turning on native joomla template and this doesn't happen.
But, given that this only happens with FC tabbed template, and not e.g. with the default template, I would like to ask any of you if you manage to identify where is the problem in the code.
I've tried to get in touch with the template developers, but still haven't received an answer and I'm kind of in a hurry... :(
This is the live url: bit.ly/1bfCmYW
A big thank you to anyone who can help!
Attachments:

More
10 years 2 months ago #45206 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Tabbed Template Issue
Hello

the TABs are created after page finishes loading, before that the are display one after the other so the height of page is calculated and then the TABs are created thus resulting in a smaller height

try adding inside the index.php of you joomla template file or in some other php file
Code:
// temporarily hide the tabs until javascript runs to create them JFactory::getDocument()->addScriptDeclaration(' document.write(\'<style type="text/css">.fctabber{display:none;}<\/style>\'); ');

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline