Tabbed Template Issue

More
11 years 5 months ago #31455 by mauriestate
Hi Guys,

I must say that I am starting to love FC very much and much more with the tabbed template layout which is very professional and does not take that much space on an item page.

However, I am currently having an important issue, I have tried to solve it on my own with lots of trials & errors but still cannot find a proper solution for it.

Please have a look at this screenshot:

[attachment=0:ib4xwvx9]<!-- ia0 -->flexicontent_item_page.gif<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:ib4xwvx9]

There is a big distance between the end of the FC item page and our bottom module, that is, a big blank space and this space cannot be removed, it makes the page bulky and also it is not that good to see such a long blank space, for a live view of this page for a better understanding, I invite you to have a look www.mauriresto.com/supermarket-sponsors/item/25-simla-way.html .

Additionally, using the symbol & in the tab name in the FC type gives &amp; instead of & can anyone please tell me how to make the &amp; appears as & in the tab itself?

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31461 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Tabbed Template Issue
That blank space appears to be an issue with your template.
I found this code in the page:
Code:
<div id="maininner" class="grid-box" style="min-height: 2984px;">
and
Code:
<aside id="sidebar-a" class="grid-box" style="min-height: 2984px;">
There are element styles on the main content DIV and the right column DIV which set a minimum height.
I disabled those 2984px min-height settings and the page looked normal.
So that is a Joomla template issue not a FLEXIcontent issue.

Regarding the "&amp" vs. "&" issue:
- what version of Joomla?
- what version of FLEXIcontent?
- what version of PHP?
- if using Joomla 2.5.x, does the server meet the requirements?

More
11 years 5 months ago #31477 by mauriestate
Replied by mauriestate on topic Tabbed Template Issue
Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick response, I tried to find these codes:
Code:
<div id="maininner" class="grid-box" style="min-height: 2984px;">

and
Code:
<aside id="sidebar-a" class="grid-box" style="min-height: 2984px;">

in mostly all css files and could not locate it and even tried to look at the Joomla forum but could not find any solution for it, could you please let us know in which file(s) we should change these codes?

Additionally, as per your request, please find below our website technical information:

Joomla: Joomla 2.5.8
FlexiContent: 2.0.0 RC9b r1573
PHP: 5.3.18

We had an initial issue with FlexiContent and we were advised by this same forum to update our server configuration with the configuration as per this link flexicontent.org/documentation/f ... tions.html

Hence, we can say that yes we meet the requirements as per details provided, could you please assist us?

Thanks,

Tomy

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31479 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Tabbed Template Issue
The min-height is an element style, directly on the element.
The element being the DIVs in this case.
Since the style is directly on the element it is not in the CSS files.

It appears this is being calculated and applied by some JavaScript in your template.
If I disable JavaScript it does not appear.
What looks like is happening is it is incorrectly calculating the article height before the tabs are applied.
It is treating it as if the content is one long block instead of multiple tabs.

You need to speak with your template vendor as to why this is happening.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31482 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Tabbed Template Issue
I assume that you are using a Yootheme template? sidebar-a (b,c...) is used by Yootheme. So it might be a template problem. What are your settings for the template?

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 5 months ago #31484 by mauriestate
Replied by mauriestate on topic Tabbed Template Issue
Hi Rooney,

Yes, it's a Yootheme template with Sidebar A & B etc. In regard to the template settings, please find below screenshots:

General Settings:

[attachment=1:241ntpb4]<!-- ia1 -->general-settings.gif<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:241ntpb4]

Profile Settings:

[attachment=0:241ntpb4]<!-- ia0 -->profile-settings.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:241ntpb4]

I am nearly to pull my hair off my head with this issue, contacting the template developer does not worth it as they mention me the problem is with FlexiContent itself as all other pages are looking just good! We are supposed to launch this website by end of this week and we still have lots to be done, now it's two days we are still fighting to find a proper solution for this issue but still nothing!

Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline