11 years 6 months ago #29986 by scorpion_pt
Replied by scorpion_pt on topic Featured articles
HI,

Using J2.5 with Flexi r1527(last build)
Cant view flexi featured articles.

This issue is still there!

Any status on this?

Thanks in advance ;o)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #30001 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Featured articles
I had looked at it i don't know why it happening since the featured flag is set in the DB records, i will have to look this it further

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 4 months ago #32418 by metalsensi
Replied by metalsensi on topic Featured articles
My problem I think is simple. I'm wondering if there is a way (in the administrator/items view) to sort or view featured articles (now called items).

If not, my understanding is that I have to open each individual article to find if it's featured or not and THEN I'll need a newly created Category to switch all those items over to so that I can view them in my back-end item list easier. Is this correct?

Of course the easier way to do that would be to (after creating the category) create a menu link or module somewhere that will list all the featured articles and just edit them in the front-end.

I hope I'm not the only one that would like the ability to sort by featured. Because once that ability left, I realized how much easier it made my life. I'm just not sure why we'd create a dropdown selection for featured or not on the item creation page when I'm putting all those items into their own category anyways.

More
11 years 4 months ago #32422 by ggppdk
Flexicontent supports multiple featured types , not just one:

I realize that you want to use the existing featured property of Joomla but currently the recommend way is to create one ore more "featured" categories and items manager sort via them

Please read this article
How to make multiple Featured Categories

We will add more support for Joomla 's "Featured" article property in a future version

plus

make the FLEXIcontent Featured categories appear as checkboxes in item forms for easier selection !!!

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 10 months ago #37840 by gfisch
Replied by gfisch on topic Featured articles
Mon Dieu, mon ami. You are not adding the featured article to the table #__content_frontpage which is part of the query for the frontpage model of Joomla! to find featured articles.

Please add that insert query to the save article function.

Thank you!

More
10 years 10 months ago #37841 by ggppdk
Hello,
thanks for pointing out,
this is important for compatibility with featured view of com_content,

but you sound somewhat surprised ? please take time to see the amount of work on the component, by reading the SVN log:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/source/list

(the J3.x support has been delayed, (mainly) because we want a bug free component despite and component's size and features)

but everything takes time, and it is true we did not get around to finding time to search for featured flag bu:
- mainly because we don't recommend using the featured or frontpage view of joomla (unless you already have important styling addition to them), instead you should use the FLEXIcontent category view (since we support multiple featured categories, which soon be easier to use ... read bellow ...)

-- FLEXIcontent can support multiple "featured" category ... and these changes are coming for v2.0.3 or v2.0.4/2.1 :

1. we are adding extra class in all content list (category,mcats, etc) templates and views in small container so that developers can easily style multiple types of featured articles/items or items for which user lack the required access level

<li ...>
<span class="fc_item_has_access"></span>
<span class="fc_itemcat_45"></span>
<span class="fc_itemcat_17"></span>
... item content
</li>
<li ...>
<span class="fc_item_no_access"></span>
<span class="fc_missing_level_access_4"></span>
<span class="fc_itemcat_45"></span>
<span class="fc_itemcat_17"></span>
... item content
</li>

2. Assignment to these "featured" categories is now done via a multi-select field "categories", but upcoming version will allow selecting these via separate checkboxes too ... like the featured flag

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline