Featured articles

More
10 years 10 months ago #37925 by gfisch
Replied by gfisch on topic Featured articles
No aspersions intended! I appreciate all the work. I had migrated a site from 1.5 and retained the featured articles on the front page.

My surprise was that you are a coding God who must be all-knowing. :ugeek:

I try harder to go flexicontent all the way. I find the blog template good but I cannot find where to turn voting/favourites off. I tried to edit the template files item.php and item_html5.php but nothing changed.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #37927 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Featured articles
directly in type

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 10 months ago #37930 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Featured articles
About voting:

FLEXIcontent uses a special Field which also configurable per content Type,

if as you say you cannot disable it, then it is not the FLEXIcontent voting field,
it is Joomla Content plugin for voting, please go to joomla plugin manager and disable it there

Joomla content voting plugin places it's code via the onBeforeDisplayTitle event (we have a such position in all our templates for compatibility) since about 2-4% of content plguins use these events (onBeforeDisplayTitle, onBeforeDisplayContent, onAfterDisplayContent)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 10 months ago #37978 by ggppdk
Hello, in r1692 we

- fixed the item featured flag to be updated properly - and also allowed the access to the backend featured management view,
- added a quick icon into FLEXIcontent Dashboard too that open COM_CONTENT backend featured management view in a popup

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 6 months ago #41830 by jrodgar
Replied by jrodgar on topic Featured articles
The Use Joomla Featured Flag option on the configuration what it does? hide the Featured flag on the "basic" tab for item edit? Cause is not working

Unless otherwise indicated:
Joomla 3.8.1
Flexicontent 3.2.1.7

More
10 years 6 months ago #41837 by ggppdk
Hello

this is not used by FLEXIContent views,

-- it used in Joomla featured listing (if you want to use it, create a Joomla menu item of type "Featured ...")

-- FLEXIcontent has multiple "Featured" categories capability, which we recommend using

(select your top-level featured category inside component parameters at TAB "Featured and Markups")

please read a small description there

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.752 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline