Featured articles

More
11 years 10 months ago #26380 by fredo
Featured articles was created by fredo
Hi,

I use Flexicontent 2.0 RC5 (r1338).

In administration, in the list of items how can we display only the featured items?

In the menu "Content --> Featured articles", we see all items, not just those that are featured.

There is a bug or a feature that's coming?

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26383 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Featured articles
-- Feature property is there for compatibility to J2.5 article manager,
-- and yes the setting is missing (a) from category configuration and (b) from category view menu item (to override category configuration for showing featured items), but exists for FLEXIcontent (universal) module

So will add it to both places.

PLEASE note this is there for compatibility reasons,

The preferred way of creating multiple types of featured items is to assign the item to multiple categories:
e.g. Create 3 'featured' categories
"Recommended", "Most effective", "Best Price" etc etc and assign your items to any or all of these categories.
This way each item can belong to multiple 'featured' categories.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 10 months ago #26565 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Featured articles
Hi,

as far as I can see if I had items assigned featured before binding them to FC a menu link to featured articles still shows the items. If I assigning items featured after binding them to FC, I am still able to create a featured article menu link, but the featured article do not show. Is this a correct behaviour?

Would be nice if I could still use the featured menu link because than I do not have to design the featured view newly!

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 10 months ago #26577 by ggppdk
Well , i have added the featured FLAG to the FLEXIcontent category menu item.

But i so you point out now there is also the joomla's Featured Articles view, and this view cannot so the extra FLEXIcontent fields.

-- this view is multi-category so there is no appropriate FLEXIcontent view to redirect to
-- but it is useful that you can still use this view

I think this needs to be done in a future version:

-- create a new FLEXIcontent menu item with
a. Multi-category ability
b. ALL category configuration will also be loaded into the menu item too

Then you would change you Featured menu items to this new type of menu items. I am sorry but even with this new menu item, you would not avoid creating new menu items and reconfiguring them.

-- To try to use the existing configuration from Joomla's menu item will be done for 80% percent of the parameters, the rest 20% would not be used, which would cause confusion.

Anyway, currently an appropriate redirection to a FLEXIcontent view is not possible but you can still use Joomla's featured view (without the FLEXIcontent extra fields).

If you want to show extra FLEXIcontent fields you could create a FLEXIcontent module with featured SCOPE and with categories SCOPE, then create an article with field loadmodule, then load this module into the field and display the item via a menu item

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 10 months ago #26609 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Featured articles

ggppdk wrote: Anyway, currently an appropriate redirection to a FLEXIcontent view is not possible but you can still use Joomla's featured view (without the FLEXIcontent extra fields).

Well I don't need the extra fields in featured view. The read more links to the complete FC item so everything can be seen than. the problem is that I am NOT able to use Joomla featured view. Already existing (before FC installation) featured articles are displayed. If I assigned featured to articles AFTER I installed FC, even if I copy an existing Joomla featured view menu item, none of the articles is displayed.

So I am wondering why this happens!

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 10 months ago #26614 by ggppdk
I see, this means there must be some bug, if it is a bug it should relative be easy to fix.

I have opened this issue in bug tracker with high priority:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=476

I will test and try to reproduce, if i cannot reproduce i will ask you for more details.

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.650 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline