edit button front end

More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #72694 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic edit button front end
> not good at all ! FC not only recreate a menu item, it recreate the complete menu erasing the previous one ! all the items I set in FLEXIcontent Hidden Menu have been deleted ! :(

that is bad
at some point wanted to work on this to only recreate the default menu item, but it was that not trivial or neglected it

yes you can put items inside our hidden menu but the above behaviour is triggered when delete the menu item

the default menu item should
- always exist
- be published and of public access
- be any type of menu item of 'com_flexicontent'

but you can change title , alias , type (e.g. single content item) of the menu item

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #72696 by ggppdk
Hello

the solution i proposed is what you should do
to workaround the issue in Joomla router

just do not delete or change component type of Flexicontent default menu item

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #72697 by tonnick
Replied by tonnick on topic edit button front end
yes I think that I'll create another hidden menu, but this is quite useless to do so, when you have already one (the FC hidden menu in that case), don't you think ?

Joomla can be quite complicated for end-users, flexicontent configuration, to be honest, is even much more complicated (so many options, with lots of overwrites) ! so, if we can avoid to multiply the hidden menus (which is by the way something quite specific to joomla's needs), that could be good ;)

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #72787 by tonnick
today I just saw, that, again, all the hidden menu has been regenerated, and I don't have anymore any default item for all languages ! don't know what happened, really strange !

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #72790 by ggppdk
Hello

on backend login there is a check if the default menu item is published / public-accessible / points to FC component
did something change ?

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #72792 by tonnick
nop, this is what I do not understand, menu don't change :/ I used an sql export from my dev website, using _menu table to recover it.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline