edit button front end

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #72672 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic edit button front end
The above bug

will effect any component that is similarly configured to have "home-page" all language , but specific language home pages belong to a different component

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #72687 by tonnick
Replied by tonnick on topic edit button front end
ho well done ! thx a lot ! I changed this default item menu from

Site Content (Alias: site-content)
FLEXIContent » Directory » Directory

to

Site Content (Alias: site-content)
Articles » Featured Articles

>> seeems to work now. I am checking a bit more to be sure that this won't impact anything else and everythig is ok !

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #72688 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic edit button front end
Hello

after you relogin in backend , since you no longer have a default menu item (=last choice menu item to avoid /component/ in the URLs) for Flexicontent URLs
you will be asked to (auto) create one

Also better change the alias for home page 'ALL'
'site-content' menu alias we would usually use for default Flexicontent menu item

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #72689 by tonnick
not good at all ! FC not only recreate a menu item, it recreate the complete menu erasing the previous one ! all the items I set in FLEXIcontent Hidden Menu have been deleted ! :(

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #72690 by micker
Replied by micker on topic edit button front end
i realy think you need to recheck your multilangue config ..... its a joomla native concept
and use the correct config of flexicontent he need a root link to all language to have a good rooting system
we can't corrected any bug .. because its not a bug
Courage

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #72693 by tonnick
hello micker

the multi language system needs for each language its own default menu item, this is joomla native concept. no other option here.
Joomla needs as well a default item for all languages (joomla native concept as well)
So nothing to recheck here either.
Multi language is well configured, nothing more to do here.

problem was that my default menu item for all language was the flexicontent default (which sounds logical when you use flexicontent, right ?!). But as explained ggpdk, it has to be set as joomla featured article ! in that way, I can edit any article in frontend, linked or not to menu items !

Now, after changing this default menu item, flexicontent requested me in backend to recreate its default menu item. but instead of recreating it, component erased the flexicontent hidden menu with its content, and recreated a new one, with its single menu item ! everything lost ! this would be good in next release to avoid that ;)

I used database backup, rollover, and modified again the home menu item for all language, and then, recreate manually a menu item for flexicontent. that way, flexicontent was happy and me too ;)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline