finished a best last news module for flexicontent

More
14 years 2 months ago #4144 by micker
cool you can upload here ? with some details ?
Thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4145 by Olinad
I may have found a way of implementing the primary/secondary category feature, I'll upload the module if I find the solution

More
14 years 2 months ago #4146 by Olinad
Eureka! I did it. I just need to adjust it a bit... And I have no time ATM. I'm going to post the module tonight.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4149 by Olinad
Here it comes... The allnews module now fully supports FLEXIcontent's categories. I added an option in the backend that allows to choose wheter to activate this option or not, because A) this way the module is still compatible with Joomla's standard content system and B) using it when displaying all the categories makes the module count some news twice and duplicate them. So the option has to be used when selecting one or two categories at a time, but that's when you actually need it, so it's not a limitation at all. I also adjusted the module's appearence and added the italian language for the backend (now the module supports 3 languages: italian, english and french).

I guess I'll still work on this module tonight, as I want to add some new options to customize it and maybe order them better, but anyway it should be fully working as of now. Let me know what you think.

@ micker: could you please change the module's rights as you said in the other topic, so that I can add my name and distribute it on joomla.org? You still have your say on everything, of course :D

Preview:

P.s.: I (obviously own nothing of the images and names in the preview XD)

[attachment=0:1hu8dgq2]<!-- ia0 -->mod_allnews.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1hu8dgq2]
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago #4154 by _luki
it would be great if it could display image from image field instead of image from content as micker said....
Im really waiting for such a module....

More
14 years 2 months ago #4155 by Olinad
I'll try doing something like that... Right now I'm adding a couple of ordering settings and the possibility of limiting the date (for example you will be able to display the most visited articles of the week, month or X days)
I'm almost done with that, then I'll see what I can do about the image.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.936 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline