finished a best last news module for flexicontent

More
14 years 2 months ago #4158 by Olinad
Allnews module 2.1
I've added new ordering methods, possibility of shortening the title, hits and rating display, possibility of adding a custom link at the bottom and the possibility of showing only the news written in the last X days whichever order you chose.
I've also arranged the settings so that it's easy to find them, as they're ordered as they are in the output.
Coming up next: possibility of styling the module directly from the backend of the module itself, possibility of chosing wheter to display the image on the left or on the right and choosing between different layouts. I'll also look into the image fields, but I can't guarantee anything XD

[attachment=0:4upukiad]<!-- ia0 -->mod_allnews.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:4upukiad]
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4159 by brandonroot
Let me second that image fields feature request. I really need it for a site I'm working on and I'm pretty much stuck without it.

Thanks so much for putting the hours in, I really appreciate it!

More
14 years 2 months ago #4177 by Olinad
I think I've done it - I just need to adjust some settings and test it a bit, but I should be able to release the 2.2 version of the module with that feature soon.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4178 by Olinad
Could anyone that know a bit of French translate this for me? In 2.1 I added the links using Google Translator, but I'd prefer a more accurate translation :)

FLEXIIMGALWAYS = FLEXI image field - Default
FLEXIIMGIF = FLEXI image fiels - First Image
FLEXICATS = FLEXIcontent categories
FLEXICATSDESC = Set to Yes to make the module also display the news whose secondary category is the one selected. BE CAREFUL: Using this option to display all the categories may lead to duplicates on the news shown. Just set this option to No if you get a similar problem.
ALPHABETAZ = A to Z
ALPHABETZA = Z to A
SHOWLINE = Show line
SHOWLINEDESC = Show a line dividing the news.
RECENTONLY = Max X days ago
RECENTONLYDESC = Output only news written X days ago or less.
SHOWHITS = Show Hits
SHOWHITSDESC = Choose if to display the article's hits
SHOWRATING = Show Rating
SHOWRATINGDESC = Choose if to display the article's rating
RECENTLYEDITED = Recently Modified
ORDER = Custom Order
SHORTENTITLE = Shorten Title
SHORTENTITLEDESC = Shorten the title if it's longer than X characters.
SHOWMORE = Show More
SHOWMOREDESC = Show a Link at the bottom of the module that links to the category page - or whatever page you want.
MOREWHAT = More Title
MOREWHATDESC = The string to be displayed at the bottom. Defalt: More from this category.
MORELINK = More Link
MORELINKDESC = The link to the page you want the user to be redirected when clicking the "More from this category" link.
FLEXIIMAGEFIELD = FLEXI Image Field ID
FLEXIIMAGEFIELDDESC = Select the FLEXIcontent's field from which to load the images to display. Insert the field ID taken from FLEXIcontent.
CHOOSEIMAGETYPEDESC = Choose wheter to display an image with the article. Choosing FLEXI image field you will be shown the image in the field (whose id is to be specified ) for the specific article. You can also decide what to display if the field is empty: Default image or First image in the article.

EDIT:

FLEXIWATERMARK = Display Watermark
FLEXIWATERMARKDESC = Display FLEXIcontent's Watermarked images. This will make the module select the smallest of FLEXIcontent's watermarked images. PAY ATTENTION: Setting this to NO could extend your page's loading times, as the original images will be displayed (and even though they will be resized, their size will stay the same!). Disabling FLEXIcontent's Watermarking feature you'll be able to display small and non-watermarked images - Keep it in mind if you don't need watermarks!

More
14 years 2 months ago #4180 by Olinad

More
14 years 2 months ago #4203 by micker
it's very impressive !!!!!
great job !!!
i try to transalte in french tomorow !
you can change yourself for gpl licences ! thanks you
i continuous on the post !
very thanks !!!!!

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.607 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline