multi language list field

More
11 years 10 months ago #26826 by yaK2manD
Replied by yaK2manD on topic multi language list field
However, in the frontend form, categories are not translated ...

and when modifying path, submenus are not shown. i know htis is normal because Joomla stores path into database, so sef urls are saved pre-formatted (before ReReplacer).

In order to get a full SEF website, it is not a really good solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26827 by micker
Replied by micker on topic multi language list field
...url ... did you use joomla plugin to generate url ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 10 months ago #26831 by yaK2manD
Replied by yaK2manD on topic multi language list field
Yes.

The thing to do is to create correct menu system in each language then use those 2 plugins to rename categories, ...

I have tested this thing all night.

However, in the frontend item form, categories are not translated.

And I wanna thank you for this component. Sans aucun doute le meilleur pour Joomla.

More
11 years 9 months ago #27014 by rottenberg
I have got some problem of execution of translation in some specific cases. The order of execution of system plugins is very important.

So I don't use anymore Système - Multi Languages CK. I do all translation using only Rereplacer.

For each language used in the site I create a Rereplacer record :

What I did for french :

in the seach field I write :
Code:
\{fr\}(.*?)\{/fr\}
this interprets all text which is written like that {fr}....you text to write in french...{/fr}

in the replace field I write :
Code:
{source 0} [[?php $parm = "\1"; $lg = &JFactory::getLanguage(); switch (substr($lg->get('tag')[[comma]]0[[comma]]2)) { case "fr" : echo $parm; break; default: echo ""; } ?]] {/source}

this is some PHP which get the origin text (....you text to write in french...) in the present case
Then it checks what is the current language used in the text.

If it's french it replaces {fr}....you text to write in french...{/fr} by ....you text to write in french...
If it's an other language it replace {fr}....you text to write in french...{/fr} by nothing

You need to do a rereplacer record for each language used in the site. Just change to language code in the case line.

VERY IMPORTANT :

1 - the search record is a regular expression : you need to tell it in the right part of the rereplacer form (if not, it wont work).
2 - You need to upload the Sourcerer plugin from NONUMBER.nl (another usefull plugin which allows to insert php directly inside a text).
3 - in the order of system plugin Rereplacer is to be placed before Sourcerer.

There are some rules to use with Sourcerer :
- don't use ',' . You need to replace it by comma
- '<' is to be replaced by '['
- '>' is to be replaced by ']'

More
11 years 9 months ago #27015 by rottenberg

yaK2manD wrote: Yes.

The thing to do is to create correct menu system in each language then use those 2 plugins to rename categories, ...

I have tested this thing all night.

However, in the frontend item form, categories are not translated.

And I wanna thank you for this component. Sans aucun doute le meilleur pour Joomla.

I don't use it for the Flexicontent categories.
I have duplicated the categories for each language used.
I have also duplicated the menus for each language

I use this to translate the label the fields in each language used. To be sure the field which contents the label is not too short if many languages are used, I do the following things :

1 - I gave a name for the label ex : {legende}
2 - I create a list record in rereplacer with all label to be used in each language

In the search field I write :
Code:
{architecte},{lieu},{style},{description},{identite},{legende},{pays},{fonction},{technique},{interet},{article complet},{arts plastiques},{histoire},{année},{dimensions},{collection},{conservation},{copyright},{droits_reserves},{voir le diaporama}

In the replace field I write :
Code:
{fr}Architecte{/fr}{en}Architect{/en}, {fr}Lieu{/fr}{en}Location{/en}, {fr}Style{/fr}{en}Style{/en}, {fr}Description{/fr}{en}Description{/en},{fr}Identité{/fr}{en}Identification{/en}, {fr}Légende{/fr}{en}About{/en}, {fr}Pays{/fr}{en}Country{/en}, {fr}Objet{/fr}{en}Object{/en}, {fr}Technique{/fr}{en}Technique{/en}, {fr}Intérêt{/fr}{en}Interest{/en}, {fr}Article complet{/fr}{en}Full text{/en}, {fr}Arts plastiques{/fr}{en}Visual art{/en}, {fr}Histoire{/fr}{en}History{/en}, {fr}Année{/fr}{en}Year{/en}, {fr}Dimensions{/fr}{en}Sizes{/en}, {fr}Collection{/fr}{en}Collection{/en}, {fr}Conservation{/fr}{en}Located{/en}, {fr}Droits de propriété{/fr}{en}Copyright{/en}, {fr}© Tous droits réservés{/fr}{en}© all rights reserved{/en}, {fr}Voir le diaporama{/fr}{en}see the slideshow{/en}

I write in the rereplacer code that this is a list and that it's a recursive record.

this record is to be placed before the {fr}...{/fr} and {en}...{/en} one.

In my example I get the label Légende for a french page and About for the english page.

I think that with this using of Joomla menus, Flexicontent categories and Rereplacer translations, the problem of SEF url not translated is solved.

The only thing I didn't succeeded to do is the creation of the correspondance between articles in the distinct languages.

If the menu is a category no problem when I change the language I get the corresponding categories in all languages

But when I click on an article of the category in one language I don't get the corresponding article in another language.

Except this last problem I think that we don't need to get a 2.5 Joomfish component.

More
11 years 9 months ago #27016 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic multi language list field
Is switching of associated items enabled in FLEXIcontent Advanced Route - System plugin?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.856 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline