[htaccess/server conf] edit forbidden after install

More
10 years 8 months ago #39147 by micker
maybe try to disable some plugin and test step by step

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #39160 by rezia
Thanks for your suggestion, Micker, I guess you mean disable a Joomla or Flexicontent plug-in ? Where can I start ? Because, except JCE I have nothing else installed and the 403 error happened right from the beginning, immediately after installing Joomla, even before adding the french translation of Flexicontent.
I'll call the provider tomorrow to see if they have a helpful remark, maybe something is inherited from the main domain, that could be modified through the htaccess ? I have no idea, but I'll keep you posted !
I do hope something can be done, it's frustrating to be stopped right from the start ! Thanks anyway for your kind answer,
Best,
Corinne

More
10 years 8 months ago #39161 by micker
hello
1 disable SEF
2 disable cache (all cache and check cache plugin)
3 did you try online or in local computer ?
4 try why basic template at first
;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 8 months ago #39163 by rezia
1 disable SEF : I did !
2 disable cache (all cache and check cache plugin) : I disabled the cache plugin but couldn't find anything called check cache.
3 did you try online or in local computer ? I'm just starting online ! Everything went perfectly well on my local server, Flexicontent is doing a great job !
4 try why basic template at first : of course, but for the moment I can't even edit a category... Nothing changed, alas... :(

More
10 years 8 months ago #39164 by ggppdk
Hello,

i look at it ,

-- the problem is not related to FLEXIcontent,

-- the problem is present in all pages of your site backend or frontend,
and it is because of your WEB server (apache) configuration,
-- ALL URLs with an array variable will fail with this error

do this simple test

-- add to your page &aaa=1
it works
-- add to your page &aaa[]=1
you get an internal server error

Also a quick fix/test you could try is to try to delete/backup .htaccess in joomla folder and replace it with the joomla's default htaccess (i suggest this just in case it was altered)

-- The exact details of any "internal server error" can be found at the apache logs, (either check cpanel error log or (if this is empty) ask your webhost to tell you what is happening
(also tell them that if you add an array variable in your site urls then the apache is giving an internal server error)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 8 months ago #39178 by rezia
Hello,
You are very right, the problem has nothing to do with Flexicontent, which works beautifully, still I hoped posting a message here would help me understand what was going wrong. That's what you did !
I checked my htaccess, it was incomplete, so I got the Joomla default one back and added my own stuff, and... bingo !
I obviously still have a lot to learn and I thank you for your kindness and patient advice ! I will for sure write a review, but more than that, is there any way to make a donation in gratitude for the time, skill, and attention offered ?
:D Corinne :D

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline