Docman in J4 and J5

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #85667 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Docman in J4 and J5
Sure, but maybe a developer can ? Georges should know how the JEventDispatcher is called and used inside Flexicontent...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #85677 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Docman in J4 and J5
if you search "JEventDispatcher" in flexicontent github you can found 26 files ...
github.com/search?q=repo:FLEXIcontent/fl...atcher&type=code&p=1
with this line :
Code:
$dispatcher = JEventDispatcher::getInstance();
no error with this code you can SOOO many reference in so other joomla component

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by micker.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #85688 by Chabi01
As I'm not able to give you the why and how, the Docman team kindly accept to explain where is the issue in Flexicontent, I copy paste their answer :

Hello Xavier,

Error is => drops.arunasmazeika.com/Screen-Shot-2023-11-27-12-16-48.42.png
This is not something you should ever do ... I bet that if you contact the Joomla Extension Directory they might even consider taking this extension down, this could be considered a violation of their terms for remaining listed. This could easily break extensions that rely on a given API based on that class existence, like we do ... DOCman supports Joomla 3, 4 and 5, not an easy feat, so we make some checks against old classes like this one.

Again this is a re-definition of a legacy Joomla core class which results on an API change ... we are using that class if we find it and then assume that the object actually implements a given interface ... this is disguising another different object using that class name! this is really bad bad bad!
Please show them the screenshot posted above and see if they are willing to do something.
This is also to read to complete this : github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck...stants.php#L106-L116

For developers, all is explain on what to fix in Flexicontent.
Many thanks to Docman team to identify this and why this is an issue in Flexicontent code for J4 and further.
Xavier

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #85689 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Docman in J4 and J5
Quand you send me a packagé for testing ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #85690 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Docman in J4 and J5
Hello

in assigning labels I give a score of 10/10 to docman reply, baptize something as bad and we are done LOL

I will be smarter if I repeat a word more times than 3 times ?

Also their reply gives zero real information of what the actual problem is
In which file and line is the error occuring ?  (when the Joomla DEBUG is on)

About shitty extensions, look at the extensions that JED is using, it has deleted all reviews of flexicontent due to a bug
Data LOSS of all records (not 1 record) is the worst thing
and this issue is there long time

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #85693 by Chabi01
Hi Georges :)
Happy to read you. What can I do then on my side to try to solve this issue ? What to do, what to ask ?

Xavier

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline