Docman in J4 and J5

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #85651 by Chabi01
Docman in J4 and J5 was created by Chabi01
Hi everyone,

Docman cant work with Flexicontent on a J4 or J5 site.

When a document is saved in Docman, an error is raised if Flexicontent is also installed on the site : Call to undefined method JEventDispatcher::trigger()

With the Docman support, I get this answer from their team after many tests and search on their side :

Hi Xavier,

I have just spent a bit of time figuring this out ... what is happening is that part of our code is thinking that you are running Joomla 3. Our code detects that the JEventDispatcher actually exists and tries to use it for dispatching events, and then we get an error about the trigger method not being implemented, which is odd.

Out of the bat, I would say that there's a plugin of yours that might be declaring this class while also providing a different implementation on it. One way of knowing would be carefully disabling one by one those system plugins you might have installed and trying to reproduce the problem.

The Flexicontent component is responsible for the issue you are experiencing ... as I've said, they are defining their own JEventDispatcher class which is a big NO NO NO ... you don't do this unless you have absolute control of the environment where the code is running. I understand why they've done it but you do not define a Framework class like this, knowing that there might be code relying on checks against it.

I encourage you to contact them and ask them if they are willing to fix it ... this in no case a problem with DOCman itself.

You can test that all works perfectly if you disable all of the flexicontent extensions (plugins, etc.) in the extensions manager.

Is there any fix for this ? I cant use on the same Joomla Flexicontent and Docman and this is an issue as many projects use them both...

Thanks for the help,
Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #85654 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Docman in J4 and J5
1 we didn't have docman licence for testing
2 no line reference juste a basic support reply i didn't like this (many user have some problem with docman support ...) so easy to reply that

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 weeks 8 hours ago #85655 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Docman in J4 and J5
Hi,
Ok, but as I did test, i can assure you :
- Docman alone : work perfectly
- Docman and Flexicontent : error in Docman.

I gave to their team an access to a site where both Docman and Flexicontent were installed to allow them to find the cause of the error. They spent quite a time to find out what was the issue.

Maybe Georges could know something about this JEventDispatcher issue ?

Best,
Xavier

More
3 weeks 8 hours ago #85656 by micker
We need complète error and code référence

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
3 weeks 8 hours ago #85658 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Docman in J4 and J5
I'm not able to give you where in the file and why except the information found by the Docman team,  otherwise, I would fix this by myself !
The error shown on screen is : 0 - Call to undefined method
and I'm sent back to the admin panel (I cant do anything else).

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #85663 by micker
sorry whioout more i can't help you

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline