Docman in J4 and J5

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #85695 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Docman in J4 and J5
Hello I have sent you an email

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #85703 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Docman in J4 and J5
Hi Georgious :)
Same, I have installed a full Joomla test to allow you to see.
The credentials are sent with a 2 days available links (if you did not retrieve it, please advice me to generate a new link),
and more information from the main dev sent by email just sent right now in email also from Johan Janssens (Joomlatools CEO and Joomla co-founder), this could also help :)

Thanks for your help Georgious :)
Xavier

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #85713 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Docman in J4 and J5
There is something really stupid in this file

libraries/joomlatools/component/koowa/template/helper/event.php

instead of using Joomla API to check for current Joomla version
it uses class_exists to decide the current Joomla version and trigger the plugin event ...

Here is the modified code that really checks for Joomla version instead of checking if a class exists

//if (class_exists('JEventDispatcher')) {
if (version_compare(JVERSION, '4.0.0', 'lt')) {
  $results = \JEventDispatcher::getInstance()->trigger($config->name, $attributes);
} else if (version_compare(JVERSION, '6.0.0', 'lt')) {
  $results = \Joomla\CMS\Factory::getApplication()->triggerEvent($config->name, $attributes);
} else {
  // Joomla 6.0.0 or later NOTE your plugin must be updated to support J6 events
  $eventName = $config->name;
  $event = \Joomla\CMS\Event\AbstractEvent::create($config->name, + $attributes);
  $results = \Joomla\CMS\Factory::getApplication()->getDispatcher()->dispatch($eventName, $event)->getArgument('result');
}
You can submit this to the authors of the file, and I will refrain from repeating any words 3 or more times

Flexicontent is just one of a dozen of the things I am doing
and I am not so lazy to refuse to modify 1 line of code to check the Joomla version using the Joomla API

Also Flexicontent will get an update for J6 plugin triggering in Flexicontent v6, now will release current master branch as v5.0

The code that we define JEventDispatcher will be gone,
we never use the class instances of it in J4, (despite instantiating it), we just need to update many places not to instantiate it.

Using this definition of this class as an excuse of not checking Joomla version and blaming us is really improper and rude.

I say to the author of Docman, please be more polite about code of others, so that they will be with your own mess ups, like checking Joomla version with class_exists() ....

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by ggppdk.

More
1 week 6 days ago #85714 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Docman in J4 and J5
Hi Georgious,
So, I forward your message to them ?
Do I have to make anything else ? I'm only the emissary here and not able to see what to do...

Thanks for your time and patience :)
Xavier

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline