FLEXIContent - v2.0.0 - final for J2.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 3 months ago #21962 by effrit
another question/request from Arkadiy:

Frontend forms templates are missed.

I tried to make new view for content editing from frontend, but cant understand some parts:

the edit() functions in /com_flexicontent /controller.php send us to display() function of view.
And display() call _displayForm($tpl):
Code:
if($this->getLayout() == 'form') { $this->_displayForm($tpl); return; }
I cant understand this logic. isn't it more wise to call it from controller (with some changes in layout), like this, for example:
Code:
$layout = JRequest::getVar('layout', 'form'); $view->setLayout($layout);

in this case we will can choose different templates for editing form without hacking flexi.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago #21964 by flummi84
hi,
r1110 looks great, but i cant get fc to use the admin language file (en-GB nor de-DE).. only frontend language file is used (for frontend and admin)
what am i missing? ;)

greetings
More
12 years 3 months ago #21968 by ggppdk

effrit wrote: another question/request from Arkadiy:

Frontend forms templates are missed.

I tried to make new view for content editing from frontend, but cant understand some parts:

the edit() functions in /com_flexicontent /controller.php send us to display() function of view.
And display() call _displayForm($tpl):

Code:
if($this->getLayout() == 'form') { $this->_displayForm($tpl); return; }
I cant understand this logic. isn't it more wise to call it from controller (with some changes in layout), like this, for example:
Code:
$layout = JRequest::getVar('layout', 'form'); $view->setLayout($layout);

in this case we will can choose different templates for editing form without hacking flexi.

Opened in issue for this
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=350

About language not set in backend, maybe language file is broken, will test ... we have this issue open:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=344

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
More
12 years 3 months ago #21974 by flummi84

About language not set in backend, maybe language file is broken, will test ... we have this issue open:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=344

thats exactly the problem! only elements specified in frontend language file are translated in backend!
More
12 years 3 months ago #21986 by effrit
about non-saving items post from fronend by Arkadiy - he offer the quick fix.

So, if you are NOT Superuser (Author, for example) you cant correct yours items untill you have not "immediately publish" right.

solution:
in \administrator\components\com_flexicontent\models\parentclassitem.php

after this
Code:
//At least one category needs to be assigned if (!is_array( $cats ) || count( $cats ) < 1) { $this->setError('FLEXI_SELECT_CATEGORY'); return false; }
insert:
Code:
if(!$this->applyCurrentVersion($item, $data)) return false;

but it may produce some issue if you change the state of items ($data)

ps
ggppdk, i hope you will understend what Arkadiy did from my strange English :lol:
More
12 years 3 months ago #21998 by ggppdk
i opened an issue for this:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=353

I will try to close as many bug reports as possible next days, i hope i will have no distranctions from my other obligations and my fever will not come back. I want to close almost all bug reports and test J2.5 and finish a few new unfinished features

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline