Displaying Item's Custom fields in mod_flexicontent

More
8 years 6 months ago #57969 by maggB
I am building a FlexiContent Universal module to display a list of Items filtered by a specific tag. I can get the correct list of items from FC configuration. When I build my custom template and try to display certain fields from the item, all I get are the CORE fields, not the fields I have created for the type. How do I get the values of the custom fields for my item?

I use Joomla 3.4.4 and FlexiContent 3.0.7.

Also - I am new to Joomla and FlexiContent. I find it very hard to find good (updated) tutorials and documentation about mainly FlexiContent. Can you recommend any good (english) tutorials or send me documentation on FlexiContent? Thanks! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #57975 by ggppdk
Hello

-- please use v3.0.8 with Joomla 3.4.4+

-- about add custom fields in universal module
1. You can add custom fields inside the TAB:
Layout: select fields
2. Then scroll to bottom and find section (at the bottom of the page)
"Fields parameters"
Enable it and select fields

PS: i see that the (parameter) section title is bad, it should be "Custom fields", will correct it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: maggB

More
8 years 5 months ago #58077 by maggB
wow, that sure solved my problem. Not too easy to find however... glad you will change the section title.
Thanks! :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline