[SOLVED] Images not scaled proportionally in news template

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57224 by grabit
Hi,

When I select resize for images in the news template and scale, the images are scaled but not proportionally is it a way to change that?

The funny thing is that I chose a small, medium or large thumb, the data entered in the size is not visible/editable but is used for the max-size in the code.

Help please, I am lost.

Joomla 3.4.4 FC 3.0.8

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #57227 by ggppdk
Hello

not proportionally ?
- you mean they are scalled only in width, but the height remains the same ?

- about the disabled (=hidden) parameter that is being used, this is should not happen,

- we have cases in which a parameter is set to values and is locked as readonly (and remains VISBILE) and is used

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 7 months ago #57230 by grabit
Not proportionally, here an example:

I introduce width 250 and height 100, I select scale as a method then the image will fit exactly that rectangle even if it is a square image.

If I introduce same height as width, the image wil,have the right proportions and a rectangle will remain rectangle.

In my first example, after choosing resize, I chooses small thumbnail to avoid the problem but it stays because the size I introduced earlier was not visible,but still,active. And the logos where scaled to that sizes without any proportion.

So the behavior of the image field in the module is completely different of the one in the field itself and in the category template.

Have a try

More
8 years 7 months ago #57231 by ggppdk
Code:
// image of STANDARD items, auto-fit and (optionally) limit to image max-dimensions to avoid stretching $img_force_dims=" width: 100%; height: auto; display: block !important; border: 0 !important;"; $img_limit_dims=" max-width:".$mod_width."px; max-height:".$mod_height."px;"; if ($item_img_fit==0 || $content_layout <= 1) { $img_force_dims .= $img_limit_dims; }

the above is the code used to create the image

we have width: 100%
and
height: auto;

-- the dimensions that are entered in parameter only act as maximum limits
and they are used only in some cases

NOTE: an auto height means that your template or other CSS might effect your image

- you may post a link to a page showing this
but it should not happen because of module's CSS / Styling

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 7 months ago #57233 by grabit
I changed the template to the basic beez3 and nothing changes

I sent you a PM with the access codes. Have a look.

More
8 years 7 months ago #57414 by grabit
Hi GGPPDK,

did you had time to see your PM?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline