Flexicontent Latest News Module

More
14 years 3 months ago #3463 by Olinad
As you seem pretty good at coding... have you any idea on how to adapt this related news module so that it works with FLEXIcontent's TAGs only?

extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... items/6195

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3519 by ComposerRyan
Are you planning on releasing the Latest News module in the next couple of days? It has been a very long wait for this one and I am excited to see how it will integrate with Flexicontent!

More
14 years 2 months ago #3626 by WebDesignHero
It doesn't look like I will be releasing this because flexicontent's router is really bad and I just can't figure out how to make it work properly.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3627 by WebDesignHero
Without modifying your router.php file to this:
Code:
$view = $query['view']; if(empty($query['Itemid'])) { //$segments[] = $query['view']; }

it will not work, so I can't release my mod until this big has been addressed.

Someone can try to get more attention to it:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/flexic ... m_id=19609

The other problem is that for some reason it won't just use the active menu id, even though it calls it.. it seems to set it to some variable, but doesn't replace it where it might be needed. However, that would be the wrong behavior anyway because it adds the current menu id in front of the current item, which would be wrong.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4033 by micker
it is in french but you have this module to adapte to flexicontent (is very powerfull then last module)
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic
some help is interessting
Thanks a lot

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
14 years 2 months ago #4393 by WebDesignHero
The module above has a little more granular control I did not put in yet (e.g. published state, etc.) so give it a try.

I looked through his code to see if there is a solution for the Itemid nonsense (Joomla's worst feature)
Code:
$Itemid = $mainframe->getItemid( $row->id, 0, 0, $bs, $bc, $gbs );

Since I have always avoided Itemdid I am not sure how to utilize this, but it might help solve my problem to assign a proper id, but I highly doubt it because of the multiple possible sef problem.

micker, and other members of the flexicontent team:

please stop putting so much php and code into the template file where it does not belong, this makes it much harder for developers to modify it to their own template using template overrides because they need to deal with all the code, you should really just be echoing.

Actually designing with MVC would actually be nice too.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline