Flexicontent Latest News Module

More
14 years 4 months ago #1471 by Olinad
Hi,
I know that any Latest News module can be used with Flexycontent, but an "official" module would be cool if it had the right features. I asked for a module in the Joomla.org forum, I'll report what I wrote.

Olinad wrote: Hi,
I'm looking for a latest news module with some special features. I know the basics of php, but even if I tried changing the existing modules to match my needs I didn't reach any result. These are the features I'm trying to implement

- Latest News with thumbs, date and introtext
- Display how many comments were written about that content (using Jcomments)
- Show how many bumps the article has received (using plugin You Bumpit by youjoomla - I got it from a friend to se if I were able to implement it in my site, I'll buy it if I get it to work as I want)
- See only articles published by your CB friends
- Order by: date published, bumps, visits
- Limit: All, X days ago

If you can help me in any way (just suggesting a module to edit would be fine) please do. Creating an open-source digg-like plugin would be really cool too :D

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=472&t=469662

A module like this would make FLEXIcontent SUPER cool! It obviously would need some work with a digg-like voting plugin, but I guess the feature could be implemented in FLEXIcontent and activated with a toggle instead of the normal voting function, even using the jos_content table.

I hope this proposal gets accepted, I tried creating a module like this myself but I'm not that good at coding yet...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1474 by xav33
sorry it's in french but a module like you want is coming out this week

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic

bye

More
14 years 4 months ago #1475 by Olinad

xav33 wrote: sorry it's in french but a module like you want is coming out this week

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic

bye

It's not actually the same as I asked for, but it's ok to begin with :D

More
14 years 4 months ago #1669 by Olinad
Could you please write a post with a link to the module as long as it gets released? I can't fully understand the french part of the website, even though italian and french aren't that different XD

More
14 years 4 months ago #1679 by vistamedia
It will come soon, but it won't be interfaced with cb. Anyway, it will be very simple to adapt.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #2656 by ComposerRyan
Any news on this yet? I really want to see this as well. It would be nice if it also supported multiple columns and thumbnail images, like the MiniFrontpage module does!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.608 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline