[IMPLEMENTED] Templates need language files

More
11 years 8 months ago #28019 by ggppdk
ooh, no you do not need to declare language files inside the XML files,

i meant only having language strings for parameter names of parameters inside the XML files
e.g.
<field name="num_cols" type="text" default="3" label="THIS_IS_LANG_STRING" description="THIS_IS_LANG_STRING_DESC" />

about category / item edit form i meant that maybe it is problematic to load language strings this way, what about a "Language Override Tab" in Global parameters to place extra language strings or override existing ones?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #28021 by ggppdk
In r1456,
I have improved loading of flexicontent template language files to
- load a single file for frontend category/item views,
- load all language files for various edit forms (e.g. category edit form, item edit form, content type edit form) this way the parameters of your custom templates will appear translated.
But note you should HAVE DIFFERENT LANGUAGE strings if names of parameters need to be different, because if a language string appears in 2 custom templates then the last file to load will take precedence.
e.g. language string "MYNOTE1" should not be in 2 language files UNLESS you want it to be the same ...

I have upgraded the site you have PM-ed me please test

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 8 months ago #28025 by Rehne
Hi George,

fantastic
it seems to work :D
i'm going to do some more tests

ggppdk wrote: But note you should HAVE DIFFERENT LANGUAGE strings if names of parameters need to be different, because if a language string appears in 2 custom templates then the last file to load will take precedence.
e.g. language string "MYNOTE1" should not be in 2 language files UNLESS you want it to be the same ...

that's absolutely ok
and i think also clearly

big thanks :!:

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline