FILE field needs "custom tag" as Field separator [solved]

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24381 by ggppdk
Yes there is not, but so the the above text will be :

But prefer to use parameters: prefix/postfix text of values if they exist for this field type.

Also the file field has "a bug" as it does not place opentag aka in your case <li> before first value and closetag </li> after last value (that is why but the problem only appears for the first element since HTML does not strictly require to close li), i will commit this fix too

If the prefix_value and postfix_value existed , then you would do this:

value_prefix:<li>
value_suffix:</li>
separator: space
opentag(new name: opening field text): <ul>
closetag (new name: closing field text): </ul>

I am adding them now ...

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24383 by hede
Got it! Thank you.

PS: in your post it should be "separator: custom" instead of "separator: space", shouldn't it?

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24384 by ggppdk
I mean since you build a html list USING the other 4 parameters, you will need to set separator to nothing which is "space" not custom,

if i commit in the next half hour i will drop you a link to download the updated field ... and language file ...

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24389 by ggppdk
Try these with the above configuration.

flexicontent.googlecode.com/svn- ... e/file.php

flexicontent.googlecode.com/svn- ... e/file.xml

flexicontent.googlecode.com/svn- ... ontent.ini

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24390 by hede
No success. I downloaded the files. I placed them into plugins\flexicontent_fields\file.

I tried your setup but nothing showed up in the front end. In the back end I can see the changes you mentioned. But on the front end nothing changed.

The content of Prefix text of every value is ignored completely. I switched back to my old setup. With Field separator (frontend) = "Convert ..." I get the same result as before - <li> tags are applied except for the first value.

And Display description = "inline" does not work no more. It worked in 1235 though.

Sorry for the bad news.

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24392 by ggppdk
Reason for not working must something else, since the code for the usage of new parameters is there.

Wait for next public download package

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline