Alphaindex goes to http://www.mysite.com/#

More
12 years 8 months ago #18434 by charrod
I made the suggested change on line 23 as well as line 28
I'm not quite sure if it actually fixed anything though. I can do an initial alpha-search, but it seems a little hit or miss on if it returns (accurate) results if you click on one of the letters a second time. For example, I just click on "L" and it returned all the results, not just the filtered "L" results. I just clicked on "Q" and it shows all the "N" results. I just clicked "T" and it's still showing the "N".
It also seems to be hit or miss on if it works in Firefox.
Any other suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18436 by ggppdk
What you describe i have seen before, the second click will return the results of the previous click

Can you test with SEF OFF?

If the modified Alpha-Index works with SEF OFF,
maybe you can configure your SEF to make it work,
maybe clean temporary cache of SEF component will help.

Be careful with SEF component not to mess it up ...

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #18438 by WarnerP
I'm taking over for charrod. He's a co-worker of mine.

So you think this is an issue with SEF?

Problem is if I disable SEF all the URLs go back to the homepage.

How does one flush the temporary SEF cache? where is that? I know about Tool>Clean Cache and Tools>Purge Expired Cache.
I did try using the Purge option within sh404SEF. That doesn't seem to work either.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18440 by ggppdk
If it worked initially, but now does not, then it must be related to some kind of caching,
- joomla caching or
- some of caching at the SEF component

The following solution will produce unique URLs per letter and thus will make the ALPHA Index work properly:
at the components/com_flexicontent/templates/mytemplate/category_alpha.php

change line:
Code:
echo "<a class=\"fc_alpha_index\" href=\"#\" onclick=\"document.getElementById('alpha_index').value='".$letter."';document.getElementById('adminForm').submit();\">".strtoupper($letter)."";
to
Code:
echo "<a class=\"fc_alpha_index\" href=\"".$this->action."&letter=".$letter."\" onclick=\"document.getElementById('alpha_index').value='".$letter."';document.getElementById('adminForm').submit();\">".strtoupper($letter)."";

if the above does not work then this should work:
change line to:

echo "<a class=\"fc_alpha_index\" href=\"javasript:;\" onclick=\"document.getElementById('alpha_index').value='".$letter."'; document.getElementById('adminForm').action+='?letter=$letter'; document.getElementById('adminForm').submit();\">".strtoupper($letter)."";

The last solution will work only with SEF on

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 8 months ago #18442 by WarnerP
Looks like it's starting to come back together. I used your suggestion with one modification. I needed to change the action."&letter=
to
action."?letter=
I'm not entirely sure why as the index.php that the SEF refers to has other variables it's passing.

The All option isn't working right now, but I'll take a look at that in the morning. I think it's because I still have the href="#" on that one.

here's the code.

echo "<a class=\"fc_alpha_index\" href=\"".$this->action."?letter=".$letter."\" onclick=\"document.getElementById('alpha_index').value='".$letter."';getElementById('adminForm').submit();\">".strtoupper($letter)."";

I'll pick this back up tomorrow.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18443 by ggppdk
mmm this.action is SEF converted to static like url that has no url variables, so letter is the first variable, that is why you have to use ? and not &

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline