[SOLVED] "Use field in a group" disables value separator in values checkbox field

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56579 by geejay
Hello,

I am using FC 3.0.4

I have a checkbox field with "Use field in a group" enabled. When the checkbox field is used on its own in templates then the checked values appear are all after each other without a field separator. The field separators dont work when "Use field in a group" is enabled

Also when I use the check box field inside a Fieldgroup it does not show the checked values separated by a field separator. Each value is put into a separate box and several separators are shown after the first value. Its a complete mess.

Thanks for considering to fix this.

Geejay
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56585 by ggppdk
Hello

this was done deliberately, for all fields, but for checkbox it may not be appropriate

because someone may configure an in parameters a list
Field start:<ol>
value prefix: <li>
value suffix: </li>
Field end:</ol>

then we have value separator too

applying some of them only will result in broken HTML
- the checkbox is a multi-value field inside a multi-value field (field group is multi-value)

and is different case than e.g. radio, or select
i will review this again and answer you

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56630 by geejay
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The bug is actually that "Use field in a group" breaks the normal behaviour of the field - all settings in "Prefix - Suffix - Separator" are completely ignored. So one cannot use the checkbox field anymore on its own, only within a field group.

When using the checkbox with a fieldgroup all ticked values are separate by some box - not very useful but not a bug.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56632 by ggppdk
Hello

yes, i was thinking about this when i disabled it,

and at the time
- i thought to add an extra parameter to allow using them

i think disabling this was meant only for single value fields inside a field group e.g. select , radio, radioimage, text,
- i think we can allow these for multi-value fields inside a field group:
that is:
selectmultiple (item viewing) and checkbox (item form and item viewing)

when you say of prefix / suffix you mean "item viewing? or of item form too since checkbox has for item form too

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 8 months ago #56634 by geejay
when you say of prefix / suffix you mean "item viewing?
yes, I mean viewing mode. I have not tried forms. Item separators should be enabled for multi-selection fields otherwise they cannot be displayed anymore.

I also think now that the viewing of checkboxes within a fieldgroup is buggy because each value is treated like a different field. It is impossible to show the values inline and separate them, FC always puts a new line between each value.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56637 by ggppdk
Hello

there is the default display and then

-- you can have full custom display of fieldgroup via the
custom HTML parameter, where you can mix
- field values
- field labels
- custom HTML
- Joomla language strings

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.602 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline