Using Profiles like social Media sites

More
11 years 3 months ago #32762 by igcorreia
We need to make sure we define the purpose. It is for maneging Profiles so I would call it. FlexiAuthors or FlexiProfiles.

@Micker the name FlexiCommunity is very powerfull are it can be use with another purpose like jomsocial if you know what I mean. For me community is like the interactions between users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #32767 by ggppdk
in General you should also update

a record in flexicontent_authors_ext to set this "profile" item as "author description item"

This now makes me think , we should change the "Author Description item" to be "User FLEXIprofile" ???

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 3 months ago #32770 by igcorreia
I forgot That one. Please confirm all the user fields in the database because I don't know them all.

---

Flexi profile is coll :D

More
11 years 2 months ago #33616 by mauriestate
Hi,

Have been searching around the forum & FAQ and this is the only closer topic I could found about our current issue.

As mention previously in some other topics, we are currently developing a classified website, meant for real estate advertising with community features using Jomsocial, in fact, we do not want to mix things, Jomsocial, as mention in this topic is more likely for user interactivity and we want to have an author page where we can show the 'author profile' including avatar (logo or image) some basic contact details and all items that such author has added to the website.

In fact, we have various categories and sub-categories like properties for sale, properties for rent etc. Each category (sub-category) has its own type and template, hence, we want to show the items and in which category such item has been added as well.

I know this can be done with new features that have been added to FC lately but I would need some help (guidelines) how we may start this kind of approach, will the solutions provided by @algardata be good for what we are trying to do? Or is there any new simpler solution to achieve this?

Note: We do not want to build a complicated author profile, just the avatar, contact details and items added by this author, such author profile needs to be as individual items within specific categories so that we can use such information as relative fields within other categories.

That is, when a user is adding for let say, a property for sale, in the category view and item view, we'll be showing the author avatar and his contact details as well in some other tab, such information will be retrieved from the author type.

Hope I was clear enough about what we want to do! If not, please let me know and I will try to provide more information.

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

More
11 years 2 months ago #33629 by igcorreia
My tutorials / suggestion for the profile page appeared because:
- I cannot use custom fields in FC AUTHORS
- I cannot change the template on FC AUTHORS
- I cannot have a list of AUTHORS

We tried Community Builder and Akeeba Subscriptions and to control the users even if they are only registered we will use Akeeba for the future. It's free and add another level of customization to the user core.

My solution for a simple community use Akeeba and jGroups.

If you want more features for the community then jSocial is a great approach.

About the profile page. This are my solutions:

1 - Since you are using jSocial why dont you create a field in FC to link for the user profile? This is simple.

2 - If you want to use a FC Type of content as the profile (this is what my tutorial do) you need to code a little bit. You need to "map" all the jSocial fields with custom FC fields.

So you only have to choices or use a component or map it to FC Fields becouse FC Author won't allow you to do what you want.

This is a limitation but this is a feature request for future releases.

More
11 years 2 months ago #33631 by brandonking
Hello guys,

I would need this feature as well. I have found a nice solution.
Please read below article written by Brad Markle.
www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joom...-user-profile-plugin

Basically, He introduced how we could build a custom user profile plugin with some extra fields by using built-in Joomla user profile plugin. But Not sure for adding Avatar though.(Maybe we could get a little help from our HERO GGPPDK! :D )
Maybe we can work together to build one for FC community. :D

Anyway, let me know your opinion.
Regards,
Brandon

Edit:
Found how to add Avatar.
www.mangluoiweb.com/2012/04/add-avatar-i...ile-picture-for.html
Accessing the Custom Fields in Joomla User Profile
ammonitenetworks.com/14-joomla/13-access...-joomla-user-profile

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline