12 years 1 month ago #23897 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: Anyway a more powerful feature is almost done:
"Translation Groups"

Already done:
-- each item has a master translation item,
-- items translations are grouped together in backend
-- automatic switching in frontend
-- Translate task with import from joomfish

Does this mean that Joomfish is not longer needed for FC2/Joomla 2.5!!!

THIS WOULD BE GREAT!
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #23926 by horsey
Oh man, now its a real mess! I found out how it is and its not very nice.

Everytime an item's title or description is changed and saved in the frontend, title and description are saved in the Joomfish content table and the actual content is not displayed in the FC backend anymore then. Item, and backend language are the same. It is saved as a german translation for a german item.

All FC fields are fine in the backend, but title and description could only be changed in the frontend then, or in the Joomfish panel.

AND

I copied like 30 items from one language to another.
For like 10 or so of them all went fine, but for the rest, the type was not copied. All FC fields were empty and they were copied in the source language.

Now it stayed like that, anything I copy has the type "Article" and the language is not changed to the desired destination.

In the copy dialog, one language is missing now, it shows 2 out of 3 and the ones shown are different, for each item I want to copy, no matter what source language, sometimes it shows its source language as an option, but the desired destination is missing.
I haven't touched the languages at all.

I have no idea whats going on.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by horsey.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23927 by horsey

ggppdk wrote: About wrongly selected main category in the frontend, i think i have found and fixed the bug, it is probably because your current joomla menu item is a
"New item submission" menu item, right?

In this case the default main category from the menu item was erroneously forced as main category of the item.

Hello, no, the items have no menu entry.
Also, for items with a menu entry, it does not happen I just noticed.

I have a New item submission" menu item at a different place in the menu.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23934 by ggppdk
mmm, we have an important issue with Joom!Fish and frontend item edit form, about backend it is strange that the fields were not copied properly.

Can you provide login info and tell me an item that was not copied properly?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 1 month ago #23940 by horsey
Hello, maybe you should just provide an option to nail it to where the title and content are stored.

I could live with it for all content items, as the interface is static and the user will never see the backend anyway.

I'll have a service page with modules to pick the items to edit from.

I've send you a pm.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23945 by horsey
Could these unescaped typo-quotes make a problem in the db?

'a:4:{s:12:\"originalname\";s:13:\"1004_460.jpeg\";s:3:\"alt\";s:72:\"Penthouse at the Urbanisation „Can Furnet“ with phantastic Sea Views\";s:5:\"title\";s:72:\"Penthouse at the Urbanisation „Can Furnet“ with phantastic Sea Views\";s:4:\"desc\";s:0:\"\";}'), ('28', '215', '1', 'Penthouse at the Urbanisation „Can Furnet“ with phantastic Sea Views'),

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.581 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline