Some issues in frontend editing

More
12 years 1 month ago #23861 by horsey
Hi, all runs REALLY well, amazing performance!
J 1.5.25
FC 1.5.6 1209

Heres some minor bugs I encountered in frontend editing:

- Categories are twisted. The main category is set to a subcategory, once edited and saved from the frontend.

- I have a user menu to create a new item. After clicking new, the item is created, but isn't opened for editing, instead I'm taken to the homepage.

- and another - If I create an item in the frontend, and change the title in the backend, the title never changes, until I change it in the frontend.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23867 by horsey

me wrote:
- Categories are twisted. The main category is set to a subcategory, once edited and saved from the frontend.

This happens due to the wrong main category option selected in the frontend, when opened.
If I pick the right category and save it again it sticks.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23877 by ggppdk
Heres some minor bugs I encountered in frontend editing:

horsey wrote: - Categories are twisted. The main category is set to a subcategory, once edited and saved from the frontend.

I set to a subcategory ? Do you mean a wrong main category is saved?

horsey wrote: - I have a user menu to create a new item. After clicking new, the item is created, but isn't opened for editing, instead I'm taken to the homepage.

You mean after clicking save the item is not display? in frontend after you click save the item normal view (not edit view) must be displayed

horsey wrote: - and another - If I create an item in the frontend, and change the title in the backend, the title never changes, until I change it in the frontend.

IT happen only with the title, or with other fields too? Could it be related to Joomfish and current language?

Is it a new site or an old that you updated?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 1 month ago #23880 by horsey

ggppdk wrote: Heres some minor bugs I encountered in frontend editing:

horsey wrote: - Categories are twisted. The main category is set to a subcategory, once edited and saved from the frontend.

I set to a subcategory ? Do you mean a wrong main category is saved?

Yes, the selected field for the main category is wrong, the subcategory is selected as main category, if you just hit save, its saved like that. If I select the right one again, its saved right.

horsey wrote: - I have a user menu to create a new item. After clicking new, the item is created, but isn't opened for editing, instead I'm taken to the homepage.

You mean after clicking save the item is not display? in frontend after you click save the item normal view (not edit view) must be displayed
Yes, I have to add, I saved it as draft, it saved and took me to the frontpage

horsey wrote: - and another - If I create an item in the frontend, and change the title in the backend, the title never changes, until I change it in the frontend.

IT happen only with the title, or with other fields too? Could it be related to Joomfish and current language?

Is it a new site or an old that you updated?

Just on the title, but yes, could all be related to Joomfish, the item was in German and the frontend in English.
Its still strange with that item, I can change the title in the backend to whatever and it does not show in the frontend. I have to change the titel in the frontend to appear.

Its a new site, but I took the content from an old site without FC and went straight to 1.5.6

Its not published yet.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23881 by ggppdk
Currently FC does not support Loading and saving Joomfish translations in the frontend, but i will add this, since it mostly implemented.

Maybe, i will also make it user friendly, by only displaying title and description retrieved from joom!fish, and let now the user that he is currently editing the translation...

Anyway a more powerful feature is almost done:
"Translation Groups"

Already done:
-- each item has a master translation item,
-- items translations are grouped together in backend
-- automatic switching in frontend
-- Translate task with import from joomfish

Mostly done:
-- Translate task with automatic translation from google

To be done:
-- fields defined via a new parameter as untranslatable or translatable (custom fields ONLY).
-- hits retrieved and saved into master item

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 1 month ago #23896 by ggppdk
About wrongly selected main category in the frontend, i think i have found and fixed the bug, it is probably because your current joomla menu item is a
"New item submission" menu item, right?

In this case the default main category from the menu item was erroneously forced as main category of the item.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline