Does the search and advanced search works?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19631 by ggppdk
The new advanced search view relies on a PRECALCULATED INDEX to get its results very fast

Well, when you declare a field as advanced searchable -- the advanced search indexer (BACKEND) must be recreated (we click button "Index")
-- after that the indexer is updated automatically every time an item is created / edited or an existing item version is approved

but some things were broken:

In r923, i have fixed advanced search indexer so that it

1. works with core fields (although values not shaped everywhere e.g for tags it stores id)
# works with item versioning enabled and with version approval
# its speed is improved many times by using e.g 50 items per AJAX call

but need to test it now, hopefully it will be working on next beta release

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19632 by pshoeg
That sounds really nice. A faster search is awesome. Will this be in FlexiContent 2.0 as well?

Also, can't build the search index in FlexiContent 2.0.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19633 by ggppdk
It is the same in both FC ,
besides speed the bonuses are
-- to search any flexicontent field that supports advance search (not just title and description)
-- and also being able to output any flexicontent field in the result item list, not just title

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19634 by pshoeg
Nice :) When you search in FlexiContent content with Joomlas regular search, you get the non-SEF links directly to the articles. Will FlexiContent's search allow to link to the SEF URLs instead?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19637 by ggppdk
For enhancing joomla regular search with fields besides title and description and for getting SEF links check this thread:

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic

More
12 years 5 months ago #20232 by pshoeg
Right now, when I use the FlexiContent search I get no results at all — either text nor title field are advanced searchable, I just get 0 results whatever I search for.

When I search using the advanced search view I just get a list of all the categories on my site with the headline FLEXI_ITEM.

I'm using FlexiContent 2 beta4 r934 and Joomla 1.7.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline