RSS Feed Questions

More
13 years 10 months ago #7823 by TheSoMeEx
Replied by TheSoMeEx on topic RSS Feed Questions
I'm actually more interested in what is built into FLEXIcontent, and how to work with that.

I have a lot going on in my sites already, and I would love to really understand all I can do with what I already have installed.

*smiles*

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #9694 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic RSS Feed Questions
I thought RSS feeds were already built into flexicontent? I'm trying to generate one from a category I created but it isn't working. I turned on the "feed link" in the parameters for the category in the backend and it doesn't show up anywhere. I did it the old way where you put
format=feed&type=rss

at the end of a URL but first it only works if you menu link to the category through the regular joomla "category blog" link and it only generates the title and the description for the feed. The image does not show up because I'm using the flexicontent image plugin field for all of my images. Any idea on how to generate an RSS feed for a flexicontent category so it does include the image plugin field as well?

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #11452 by Anonymous
anybody have any idea on why the RSS feeds aren't working?

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #11488 by Anonymous
well looked a little more into the problem and found out that there isn't any code to implement the rss feed icons into the templates of flexicontent. This is probably why its not showing on the frontend. Only problem is I don't know how to code the RSS feed to show up on the template? Anybody know how?

thanks for the help

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline