Some thoughts in FlexiContent and JoomFish

More
13 years 11 months ago #7256 by Rooney
Hi,

for a while I asked if I can import JoomFish translations into FlexiContent. After a while without answers I decided to just give it a try and discovered two things:

1. If I import all articles into FlexiContent the translations are not imported. This is very bad news, because I had to manually create translations. Or, and this might be a trick, I have to manually assign articles to categories inside the FLEXIcategories category and manually bind them. Which is actually possible. The bad news here is that I still need Joomfish and cannot use FlexiContent for translations.

Which leads to

2. FlexiContent is no real translation ( www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... topic#p961 ). This might have some advantages but also many disadvantages. Just to mention three of them. There is no item to item switching on the website, I have to build a whole new site structure for every language and even worse, I cannot use Joomfish with custom fields.

Have I summarised everything right? If yes, then FlexiContent is not usable for larger multilingual pages, at least not for me. I have a page with over 500 articles in 4 languages (95% the same content items in all languages) already translated with Joomfish and it is impossible (timewise) for me to create new "translations" in FlexiContent and rebuild the whole site structure with about 200 menu links in all languages. Also, all my internal article linking would not work anymore. Don't even want to thing about it.

But even for blank pages it is nearly impossible to use FlexiContent if using lot's of custom fields. Or, at the moment I am allowing translators to directly translate single articles using Joomfish. How would I do this with FlexiContent. I guess using FlexiAccess. But then I would have to create menu links again and, well the workflow would just not work.

Just my two cents
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9836 by eivind
I have the same problem. Even this post is almost 4 months old, there is no reply or any progress. Is this problem going to be solved? One of the reason I convised my client to use flexicontent was because of the easy translation option. It was a big irritation when it tourned out that it was a problem with custom fields. Alot of extra work had to be done for me and my client.
Can we get an answer/solution to this problem??

More
13 years 8 months ago #9972 by micker
hello
you can translate this ! it work
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php...hilit=joomfish#p8294 ">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1618&p=8305&hilit=joomfish#p8294
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline