PDFs Indexation : How to ?

More
5 years 2 months ago #75639 by digitaurore
Bonjour,

Je souhaite pouvoir rechercher dans le contenu de mes PDFs via la recherche, mais je n'y parviens pas.

J'ai pourtant bien cherché sur votre forum et trouvé plusieurs topics et messages plutôt pertinents :
Warning: Spoiler!

Ne parvenant toujours pas à obtenir un résultat, j'ai tenté d'intégrer la library PDF Parser, comme indiqué dans un autre topic , mais il semble en fait que tout le nécessaire soit déjà intégré d'après encore un autre topic plus récent...

J'ai ensuite essayé d'appliquer votre tutoriel sur la recherche avancée (au cas ou la recherche de la vue catégorie ne soit pas la bonne).

L'indexation des PDFs est activé, ainsi que la recherche du texte du field File.

J'ai essayé avec plusieurs PDFs, dont un très basique généré à partir d'un simple bloc note imprimé depuis mon navigateur, pour être sûr que ce ne soit pas un problème de formatage (voir ci-joint). Ils apparaissent tous dans le tab Search Indexes, mais rien n'est indexé, même après usage de Purger et Re-index advanced.

Je suis à court d'idée et je me retrouve donc complètement bloquée :(
Auriez-vous une piste sur laquelle m'orienter ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide !

[hr]

Hello,
I'd like in to search PDFs content from front office, but I might miss something...

I tried to:
- Enable Index PDF files in Files Tab
- Field File is searchable
- PDFs are indexed in Search Indexes tab
- Flexicontent advanced search is activated.

I'm trying with several PDFs, including an simple notepad converted to PDF from my browser to be sure that is not to be in bad format.

Please, can you help me? I'm really stuck :(
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #75643 by micker
Replied by micker on topic PDFs Indexation : How to ?
l'indexation des pdfs
il faut intégrer la librairie (ce n'est pas natif car trop lourd)
il faudrait nous dire comment tu as mis la library

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 years 2 months ago #75647 by digitaurore
Hello,

Merci pour la réponse.

En l'absence de doc spécifique à ce sujet (ou alors je suis passé à côté), j'ai tenté de me baser sur celle de PDF Parser (sur leur site).
Et puisqu'il m'a été impossible de déterminer composer.json qui pourrait correspondre (ou installed.json aussi j'ai vu), j'y suis allé en tâtonnant grossièrement, simplement en intégrant le dossier de la libraire PDF Parser dans
  • libraries/pdfparser
  • components/com_flexicontent/librairies/PdfParser
En retentant à chaque fois de Purger et de Re-index... et en refaisant mes tests de recherches, sans succès bien sûr.

Je ne sais pas comment m'assurer que Joomla (ou Flexi, directement ?) charge bien cette librairie, déjà pour commencer.
Du coup, si vous avez au moins un début de piste, je suis preneur :)

Merci d'avance !

More
5 years 2 months ago #75648 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic PDFs Indexation : How to ?
Hello

the original integration that required to install PDF related library was replaced
now using an integration that you just need to enable the option in Component configuration

so after you enable the option just add a PDF file in the file field (item form) that is not encrypted
- and -
make sure that the file field is configured to be (text) searchable in basic index and in advanced index

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
5 years 2 months ago #75661 by digitaurore
Hi,

I searched "pdfparser" to Joomla installation dir and I not found anything. PdfParser library is already integrated, right?
I did everything you said, I think, but PDF content isn't found from search result...

enable the option in Component configuration

add a PDF file in the file field (item form)

make sure that the file field is configured to be (text) searchable in basic index and in advanced index

Either I forget something that has not been recalled here, or the indexation doesn't work as it should.

So, I need your input please. :)
Thanks

More
5 years 2 months ago #75663 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic PDFs Indexation : How to ?
Hello

after you enable PDF file indexing

you
either need to resave all items
or you need to go to (backend) search indexes screen and click to recreate (both) search indexes

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.664 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline