evaluating capability of FLEXIContent CMS for Joomla

More
14 years 1 month ago #5029 by Linuus

Olinad wrote:

Linuus wrote: You can't let your users add custom data from frontend. What you can do (I think...) is set permissions for BACKEND with FLEXIaccess and let users fill out the form in backend.

You can't YET. FLEXIcontent 1.5.2 has a raw frontend submit feature that even registered users can use, and in later versions custom fields will be supported.

Hopefully, yes :) No one knows when this will be availible though. I think he should evaluate what can be done today, not "in the future".

I don't mean to criticize. It is a great component :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5046 by Olinad

opolette wrote: Hi,

I really do not see where this "raw content submit feature" is and how to use it.
I have set up a user with "editor" level, added to flexicontent group; has an "Edit" right checked (greyed -> but its upper group is green). No chance to edit anything in the front-end...

What am I missing ?

Or is it the "Item Submission Form" feature you are talking about ?
If yes, does that mean you have no way to edit from the front-end and this is targeted for release 1.6 ?

Thanks

Yes, I was talking about the "Item submission form". It won't let you edit your content, but just create new articles. I heard that Emmanuel needs the frontend editing and submitting feature for a website of his, so it should be featured in v 1.5.3

More
14 years 1 month ago #5048 by Linuus

Olinad wrote: Yes, I was talking about the "Item submission form". It won't let you edit your content, but just create new articles. I heard that Emmanuel needs the frontend editing and submitting feature for a website of his, so it should be featured in v 1.5.3

It would be great to get some kind of time frame for this from Emmanuel. Not an exact date but it would be good to know if it will be out in 1 week, 2 week, 4 months, 1 year?

We need to plan our projects as well :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline