evaluating capability of FLEXIContent CMS for Joomla

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #4711 by Anonymous
I am considering using Joomla as a CMS and have seen very good reviews of Flexicontent as an extension to enable a CCK way of creating content for Joomla.

I am trying to determine whether FLEXIContent is the right solution for managing content on my web site. For my site I will need the following functionality.

1) I use the CMS to design a form that users will fill out to sumbit content the web site. I specify the fields that the user can submit and the required fields that the user must provide information for. (seems like this is supported)

2) I use the CMS to determine the layout of content that is submitted by users. (seems like this is supported)

3) I use the CMS to specify which types of users can contribute content for given content type.

4) Contributing users visit a page on the web site to submit their listing from a form on the given page.

5) A contributing user can return to the web site and edit content that they have submitted. The only other users who can edit this content would be Joomla Manager or higher.

6)Regular users to the web site can either browse the submissions, sort the listing of submissions, or search through the listings.

7) I can use the CMS to specify how users can search through a given listing.

8) For some content, submissions would not be immediately published to the web site but would require review by Manager level or higher.

9) The CMS can send email notification to designated Manager to notify the manager of new content that should be reviewed before publishing to the web site.

How many of these features does FLEXIContent support? If it does not support all, is it relatively straight forward for an experienced php developer to add on some of these features?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4715 by Olinad
FLEXIcontent and FLEXIaccess should be able to handle the most of those points - can't say it will handle them all as I haven't yet tried all of FLEXIaccess' capabilities, but I think it's (or it will be) capable of doing what you want.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4716 by Linuus
You can't let your users add custom data from frontend. What you can do (I think...) is set permissions for BACKEND with FLEXIaccess and let users fill out the form in backend.

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #4717 by Anonymous
Since I am also new to Joomla, I want to make sure I understand the point about front end vs. back end.

I need for users to visit a web page in the web site and fill in a form to submit data to the site.

Is this "front end"?

More
14 years 1 month ago #4718 by Olinad

Linuus wrote: You can't let your users add custom data from frontend. What you can do (I think...) is set permissions for BACKEND with FLEXIaccess and let users fill out the form in backend.

You can't YET. FLEXIcontent 1.5.2 has a raw frontend submit feature that even registered users can use, and in later versions custom fields will be supported.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5013 by opolette
Hi,

I really do not see where this "raw content submit feature" is and how to use it.
I have set up a user with "editor" level, added to flexicontent group; has an "Edit" right checked (greyed -> but its upper group is green). No chance to edit anything in the front-end...

What am I missing ?

Or is it the "Item Submission Form" feature you are talking about ?
If yes, does that mean you have no way to edit from the front-end and this is targeted for release 1.6 ?

Thanks

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline