Show all of the items in both main and sub category

More
14 years 3 months ago #2522 by bsky92
May I ask more questions to understand how you want to run this?

- your tech challenged clients, are they going to run their site alone? So I mean you create the site and then give them the admin keys?

- how do you want the frontend to work? I never had a site giving full submission access to my visitors, because it ends most of time in a big mess, but then I do not run community sites :D I have no idea how the frontend part of Flexicontent is supposed to work .... maybe something in there will help you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2526 by unleash.it
Sure.

- your tech challenged clients, are they going to run their site alone? So I mean you create the site and then give them the admin keys?

Yes indeed, more or less. I have between 20 and 30 (off and on) clients who operate their own sites. Most of them I wouldn't even trust to swap out a logo. That's how cool Joomla is! But I'm always here when they need me. Posting items is something most of them need to do on their own.

- how do you want the frontend to work? I never had a site giving full submission access to my visitors, because it ends most of time in a big mess, but then I do not run community sites :D I have no idea how the frontend part of Flexicontent is supposed to work .... maybe something in there will help you

Well, this was the original poster's question but... How about user submitted blogs, news, photos (example PhocaGallery: www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... ser-upload ), recipes, map coordinates... the sky's the limit.

I agree on full submission access to visitors, but in stock joomla at least, you can auto-assign registered users as Authors in the global config (authors have no admin rights front or back end, but they can submit content). Believe it or not, you can actually do some pretty interesting community stuff right out of the box ;)

Posting on the frontend with flexi doesn't work yet (I don't think the OP knew this), and of course I don't have a clue how it will go either, but we know something's on the roadmap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline