FLEXIContent - v1.5.6 - final for J1.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 7 months ago #18975 by ggppdk
Actually is v1.5.6beta1 is stable and complete (except maybe the new author LAYOUT for category view that may need fixes or enhancements), just worried there maybe one serious bug out there.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #18976 by ggppdk

HillWoody wrote: Hello,

just tested some things whith this release.
I noticed two issues:

1. URL completion with Itemid doesn't work for me (tried all settings in configuration dialog) - active menu item is lost. Appending Standard item works though.

2. search function in category view still doesn't allow for search entry field alone - only in combination with all filters.

Nevertheless: many thanks for the huge work.

1. current menu item lost? actually maybe not a bug , it is not lost, just not preferred if a "better" match is found, e.g. a menu item pointing to a category of the item.
Maybe if you describe exact what is happening which i can change behavior, or check if it is a bug.

2. Yes, search works like that you think to include some note or small text to help the user?

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 7 months ago #19049 by HillWoody
Hello ggppdk,

OK - more precise now:

1. in my situation, a fc item link is activated from a news module (aidanews 1.x) on a fc component page.
In fc 1.5.5, there were no URL settings and the content id changed while the Itemid did not (which was what I wanted), in 1.5.6 it seems to be changed every time. This looks as if the Itemid is "lost" and makes my news display a real mess...
Content links behave like expected if they are activated directly from fc category view, but not via the news module.
(Changing URL settings in module makes also no difference.)
Seems as if I needed an additional option for the FC URL settings: "Leave Menu-Itemid in URL unchanged".

2. The yes/no buttons in category edit dialog for the "show filters" option seem to have no effect - filters show up every time. I just want "no" to be "no", so that I can present only a search input field for the category view.

Regards

More
12 years 7 months ago #19053 by ggppdk
About 1 , i think it is good suggestion, maybe it is needed, one more option to force to maintain current menu itemid

About 2 , it is strange that we missed this bug, does it happen in default and blog template , or on a custom template?

More
12 years 7 months ago #19109 by HillWoody
Hi ggppdk,

1. I could help me for now with ReReplacer, which helps, though it doesn't fix the issue at its origin.

2. it is a custom template - I didn't test the default ones.

Regards

More
12 years 7 months ago #19110 by ggppdk
About filters:
The code is not too long in the templates you can compare or, set the default / blog template for a short period to test.

About the menu itemid:
As you have seen, the v1.5.6 has a couple new Global options to allow the user to define what menu itemid is added to the URL.

Did you try to set the option:

"Add above(default menu itemid) to Flexicontent URLs" to the value:

"No, forces current or appends ..."

?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline