Precise Customizing Category View

More
13 years 5 months ago #12507 by fesghel
Hi,
It's just an idea and maybe not possible, but again...
Is it possible to customize category view, item by item? I mean, in category view we have description, subcategories, items and so on.
I want to show the description in the middle of items, particularly after the first item in the category view. But in template/category.php we have just:

<!-- BOF item list display -->
<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('items'); ?>

And it seems we cannot do such a thing, right?

As a matter of fact, I have a magazine like content and I want to show the category view(for each issue I have a category) like this:

1-First Item
2-Description
3-The Other Items

The first item will be the PDF version, description will be the editorial, and the other items will be web version of each issue's contents.

Any suggest how I can do such?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #12516 by micker
Yes you can but the file is categorie_item.php
Regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 4 months ago #12589 by fesghel
I didn't get it. In category_item.php we have "EOF above-description-line1 block" and "BOF above-description-nolabel-line1 block" and so on. It configures how to show each item in the category. In fact it's related to "Item" and the change that I meant was related to "Category". Right?

Thanks

More
13 years 4 months ago #12601 by micker
sorry i don't understand ...
could post some screenshot ?
and code of your template ?
Thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 4 months ago #12622 by fesghel
OK, look, in .../components/fc/templates/.../category.php. In this file we have these:

<div id="flexicontent" class="flexicontent">

<!-- BOF buttons -->
<!-- BOF buttons -->

<!-- BOF page title -->
<!-- BOF page title -->

<!-- BOF category description -->
<?php
if (($this->category->id > 0) && ((!empty($this->category->image) && $this->params->get('show_description_image', 1)) || ($this->params->get('show_description', 1)) || ($this->params->get('show_cat_title', 1)))) :
echo $this->loadTemplate('category');
endif;
?>
<!-- BOF category description -->

<!-- BOF sub-categories -->
<!-- BOF sub-categories -->

<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('items'); ?>

<!-- BOF pagination -->
<!-- BOF pagination -->
</div>

I guess you can understand now. Look in <!-- BOF item list display --> it shows all the items at once the way that category_item.php says. The thing I'm looking for is to show the first item of the category before the category's description. Is it clear?

Thanks

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline