Flexicontent + Joomfish

More
13 years 4 months ago #12381 by iamrobert
Hi,

I am really liking flexicontent, and just installed the new version (1.5.3).

However - I am doing a bilinguial site.

I believe it is not possible to get Joomfish to switch language at the article/item view - is that correct?

I have tried this plugin solution:
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... opic#p3124

But it doesn't seem to work. This component would be much better that K2 - if this were enabled.

Sincerely,

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12382 by effrit
Replied by effrit on topic Flexicontent + Joomfish
hi
i tried this solution and its work
did you use compilled install in the end of topic:
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =10#p11040 ?

be sure what alias of translated material is the same as original!

More
13 years 4 months ago #12386 by grabit
Replied by grabit on topic Flexicontent + Joomfish
Hi Robert,

I am also doing a bilingual website and I was also looking for that solution. After a while I changed my mind because I don't understand why people wanted to change language when they are reading an article. In fact they change language when they are in the frontpage or in a blogpage so the original restriction was not so silly.

We have decided to use Flexicontent without the ability to switch language within an article. The counterpart of doing that is that you don't need to have a translation of everything. For instance in our website, we have an article in one language and another article completely different in the second language. It would be strange to switch from that article to the other by changing the language.

Think about that.

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

More
13 years 4 months ago #12411 by iamrobert
Replied by iamrobert on topic Flexicontent + Joomfish
Hi Guys,

Thanks. I installed the plugin and it worked - just wish I could of found that post.

I build a lot of bilingual sites as I live in Taiwan, and am from Australia. Some sites I build are as you suggest Robert - where not everything needs to be translated - which is a good point.

But the designer in me, likes consistency - so the language box is always visible on all pages including the article view. Just - I found my design to look strange that it would disappear. Then - if I enabled it - it wouldn't work.

The website is also about wine - so perhaps Taiwanese will search for English terms such as "Pinot" and then the English page comes up - so they can't swap languages.

But thanks so much.

Robert

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 1.043 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline