How to get rid of default Joomla resources?

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #12325 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic How to get rid of default Joomla resources?

~cXc~ wrote: You can hack the menu module, its what I usually do ...

Thank you for the advice, but it works a little bit differently than I need. It rearranges items of menu in the tab "Materials" but leaves tab "All menus" untouched. From "All menus" I still can choose my menu and try to add a default Joomla item to it. I guess I need to look through com_menus instead.

As for tab "Materials" I was advised to use System-FLEXIcontent plugin - it redirects users from default to FLEXI content.

kenmcd wrote:

Velt wrote: But still there remains possibility to make links to default resources from the "Menu" tab of the administrative menu. How can I disable links to default resources?

Sounds like you are trying to disable the ability to create new menu items using the old Articles menu item types.

Yes. I need to give the site to content manager. So he must never be confused where and what types of menu items and content items to create.

At first, I couldn't make it work, but now it works mostly. Now material doesn't have archives, categories, articles, frontpage and sections. There is just non-working item "Materials". It is not possible to hide it with metadata files?

Thank you, now default resources are not accessible... It's a good working solution though not perfect, since there remains a misleading non-working element.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12327 by kenmcd
I tested it here and it worked for me.

Please explain exactly what you did.

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #12328 by Anonymous

kenmcd wrote: .
I tested it here and it worked for me.

Please explain exactly what you did.

It works... yes. I just edited my previous post.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12329 by kenmcd

Velt wrote: Thank you, now default resources are not accessible... It's a good working solution though not perfect, since there remains a misleading non-working element.

Yes, I have not been able to figure-out how to remove this easily.
I looked into this quite awhile ago to get rid of some other extensions working and non-working elements.
Removing it completely requires modifying the actual extension code.

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #12347 by Anonymous

kenmcd wrote: Removing it completely requires modifying the actual extension code.

It's not easy to find this one. Joomla grabs all types of active components and makes an array of links.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.558 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline