How to get rid of default Joomla resources?

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #12285 by Anonymous
I want to use Flexicontent and I want to completly refuse from default Joomla articles, categories, sections.

After installation of Flexicontent I still can manage default Joomla articles, categories, sections through administrative menu: "Menu" and "Content"

I found that there is a plugin System-Flexicontent which can replace links from managing default materials, sections and categories to Flexicontent resources.

But still there remains possibility to make links to default resources from the "Menu" tab of the administrative menu. How can I disable links to default resources?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12289 by micker
with flexicaccess you can do this
or modify your template admin
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #12291 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic How to get rid of default Joomla resources?
So, with FLEXIaccess I can make a RULE to MANAGE MENUS and what's then? I saw the demo-images of FLEXIaccess and there are no more details about this. Is there a demo site with access to backend?

Or should I really modify administrator/templates..? On http://test5:8094/administrator/index.p ... e=mainmenu
I need something to remove "Materials" and to rename "FLEXIcontent" to manage "FLEXIcontent materials":

<li id="internal-node"><div class="node-open"><span></span>Internal link</div>
<ul>
<li><div class="node"><span></span>[url=index.php?option=com_menus&amp;task=type&amp;menutype=mainmenu&amp;cid[]=&amp;expand=content" id="content]Materials[/url]</div></li>
<li><div class="node"><span></span>[url=index.php?option=com_menus&amp;task=type&amp;menutype=mainmenu&amp;cid[]=&amp;expand=contact" id="contact]Contacts[/url]</div>
<li><div class="node"><span></span>[url=index.php?option=com_menus&amp;task=type&amp;menutype=mainmenu&amp;cid[]=&amp;expand=flexicontent" id="flexicontent]FLEXIcontent[/url]</div>

Perhaps this is somewhere in com_menus?

More
13 years 4 months ago #12295 by ~cXc~
You can hack the menu module, its what I usually do ...

*JOOMLA*/administrator/modules/mod_menu/helper.php
REPLACE @lines 112-126
Code:
/* * Content SubMenu */ $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Content')), true); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Article Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_content', 'class:article')); if ($manageTrash) { $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Article Trash'), 'index.php?option=com_trash&task=viewContent', 'class:trash')); } $menu->addSeparator(); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Section Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_sections&scope=content', 'class:section')); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Category Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_categories&section=com_content', 'class:category')); $menu->addSeparator(); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Frontpage Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_frontpage', 'class:frontpage')); $menu->getParent();
... with ...
Code:
/* * Content SubMenu $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Content')), true); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Article Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_content', 'class:article')); if ($manageTrash) { $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Article Trash'), 'index.php?option=com_trash&task=viewContent', 'class:trash')); } $menu->addSeparator(); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Section Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_sections&scope=content', 'class:section')); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Category Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_categories&section=com_content', 'class:category')); $menu->addSeparator(); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Frontpage Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_frontpage', 'class:frontpage')); $menu->getParent(); */ /* * FlexiContent SubMenu */ // Load custom CSS $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); $document->addStyleSheet(JURI::base().'modules/mod_menu/css/mod_menu.css'); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Content')), true); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Content Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_flexicontent', 'class:flexicontent')); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Items Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items', 'class:article')); $menu->addSeparator(); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Section Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_sections&scope=content', 'class:section')); $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Category Manager'), 'index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=categories', 'class:category')); $menu->addSeparator(); if ($manageTrash) { $menu->addChild(new JMenuNode(JText::_('Content Trash'), 'index.php?option=com_trash&task=viewContent', 'class:trash')); } $menu->getParent();
... you'll need to also comment out my custom style sheet from the code you just pasted if you don't want to use little FlexiContent icons in the menu ...
Code:
// Load custom CSS // $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); // $document->addStyleSheet(JURI::base().'modules/mod_menu/css/mod_menu.css');
... if you do want to include that part also its pretty easy just create 2 folders in the ...
*JOOMLA*/administrator/modules/mod_menu/
... directory, one named 'css' and the other named 'images' for the little icons. In the css folder create mod_menu.css file and add ...
Code:
@CHARSET "UTF-8"; /** menu icons **/ .icon-16-flexicontent { background-image: url(../images/flexicontent.png); }
... to the file now that you have *JOOMLA*/administrator/modules/mod_menu/css/mod_menu.css we just need to add the little icon http://flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?mode=view&id=724&sid=b4c9dafd598c415230340d69b66859d5&rb_v=file to the images folder you just created.

If you aren't already using CQI it can replace the core mod_quickicons module and completely remove all links to com_content that aren't necessary.
Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago #12301 by micker
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 4 months ago #12308 by kenmcd

Velt wrote: But still there remains possibility to make links to default resources from the "Menu" tab of the administrative menu. How can I disable links to default resources?

Sounds like you are trying to disable the ability to create new menu items using the old Articles menu item types.

Such as when you go to:
Menus > Main Menu > New

Then you select from:
Articles
-- Archive
---- Archived Article List
etc., etc.

Joomla automatically creates these based on the views found.
The only way I know to turn these off is to use the metadata.xml file in each view folder.

Such as:
joomla_root/components/com_content/views/archive/metadata.xml

Change the content of that file to:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <metadata> <view hidden="true" /> </metadata>

Then do the same thing for each view in that /views/ folder.
Then when you go to create a new menu item those selections will no longer be available.

Note that this is hacking Joomla core files so updates may affect these modifications.
But not likely for such a common file.
Obviously keep back-ups of any file you change.
It is easy to simply rename the original file and leave it where it is.

Is that what you were asking about?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline