Some Advice on Best Way Forward

More
13 years 6 months ago #10739 by nowhere
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to to determine the best was forward for a project I have and any ideas would be appreciated.

I need to find a way to implement the following:

A Three Column Layout

Left menu (Accordion Style with Section/lead category and subcategories - ie Cameras - Digital, Film, Movie etc / This I've resolved with Ninja Accordion.

Central Column comes into play when user clicks one of the menu items ie. Cameras>Film and this column is filled with images in 1col x Nrows. When the user selects one of the images it opens the product datasheet in the Right Column.

I dont want the page to close and reload on clicking the image in the central column, the right column which is blank on initial loading will fill with info the moment one of the center images is clicked.

Right col will be an Article with special fields so I can restrict access to info for distributors etc...

So here's the question: what do I make the central column? In this case its filled with image/links to main articles and they are all affiliated by category... ie Cameras>Film

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #10741 by micker
hello i think it's possible to do this with template
but can you do some screenshot as what you whant ?
at first my idea
1 Column primari categorie
1 Column subcategorie in function first selected
you can also display one image by subcategory with templating categorie
1 template of item for product

Regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 6 months ago #10760 by nowhere
Hi,

This makes sense, but I really dont understand how the templates work - I've duplicated one and when I try to edit it in template editor it shows a key - like its locked or something.... Would I need to edit this in Dreamweaver?

More
13 years 6 months ago #10767 by micker
yes you can edit your template to create position and charging fields
read this with google translate
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1648 ">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1648
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=656 ">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=656
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=323 ">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=323
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61 ">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.542 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline