Multi Level access for single Item/Article/Category

More
13 years 7 months ago #10661 by nowhere
Hiya Guys,

I have this requirement:

Client wants a site that has 3different access levels for Catalog items. Ie. Client sells cameras, he wants to allow the public to view the item with, limited details, then he wants to allow distributors access to the same article/item but they can see it with more details and finally he wants Super Distributors to view the same article with no limitations ie -the full article/item. So Do you have something I can use for this purpose?

Ive found an OSE/K2 solution buts its a work around as I need to create the artitle/item/category 3 times and then limit the groups that see each of the 3 but its a nightmare solution as each item will require 3 edits if I want to update it, I'm lookinf for a one-stop-shop solution... Can flexi-access and flexi-content do this?

Thank you
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10663 by yopyop001
Hi,

With Flexicontent and Flexiaccess, i think you can do it.
For each fields you have specific display permissions :
[attachment=0:2ol6f8tw]<!-- ia0 -->manage-fields-permission.gif<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2ol6f8tw]

For membership, you can use AEC :
www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... ation.html

Regards
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #10666 by nowhere
Thats a very cool function it mean I dont need multiple copies of the item. I just set the hidden content into fields and then assign (user groups) access to those fields using the ACL?

Magnifico!

Let me start by downloading FlexiContent and testing the fields functionality.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10667 by yopyop001

Thats a very cool function it mean I dont need multiple copies of the item. I just set the hidden content into fields and then assign (user groups) access to those fields using the ACL?

Yes.

To have access to the 'manage permissions' functions, you have to use Flexiaccess with Flexicontent.

Enjoy!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.507 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline