PDF, Email, Print Icons not working - SOLVED!

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #10546 by randyfarnsworth
If I create a new article outside of flexicontent (just using the article manager), the article will show the print/email/pdf icons in the proper location based on my css file. However, anything that's using FC doesn't show those icons. If I go in to edit a flexicontent article, and change its advanced parameters so the print/email/pdf icons are set to "show" instead of "global", then they do appear, but only as text, not as icons.

So how to I make these icons appear as icons (not text) and how do I make them appear on every page automatically, without having to go to every article and manually change the advanced parameters?

Thanks very much. So far, I really enjoy Flexicontent.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by randyfarnsworth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10553 by yopyop001
Hi,

Verify that in the file item.php of the template you use to display article, you have these lines :
Code:
<!-- BOF buttons --> <p class="buttons"> <?php echo flexicontent_html::pdfbutton( $this->item, $this->params ); ?> <?php echo flexicontent_html::mailbutton( 'items', $this->params, null , $this->item->slug ); ?> <?php echo flexicontent_html::printbutton( $this->print_link, $this->params ); ?> <?php echo flexicontent_html::editbutton( $this->item, $this->params ); ?> </p> <!-- EOF buttons -->

regards

More
13 years 7 months ago #10562 by randyfarnsworth
Thanks for the quick response. I don't have an item.php in any of the directories of my template. item.php does exist in /components/com_flexicontent/templates/default/, and it has the code you're referring to. Should I create an item.php in my template, or can I put this code in the index.php or somewhere else? Thanks.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10563 by yopyop001
Hi,

No need to put this code in other file than the item.php

Try to clean the cache of the site and your browsers cache.

Do you have a link to see that, you can PM me an admin access if you want.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10564 by randyfarnsworth
Purging site and browser cache didn't work. Icons are still not visible.

Unfortunately, this site is behind a firewall (government site) so there's no outside access - even for me :cry:

I checked the global configuration/page configuration, and all the icons are set to "show".

More
13 years 7 months ago #10565 by randyfarnsworth
OK, I went back into page configuration and without changing anything, I clicked the "save" button, and now it all works :P

I guess the cache purge, then saving did it!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline