Custom filed not displaying in the beggining of the category

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #74030 by sotiris
Trying to find out how search of custom filed is working especially in peer categories.For example i have a main category database for example and subcategories lv1 eg sub1 and sub2 and in this subcategories i have another sub categories eg sub11 sub12 sub 13 sub21 etc.Creating custom filed and assigning them to articles then when i try to make a search from the top of the category nothing is shown.The custom fields is showing up if i have been in the subcategory only.i have created all indexes again also i have stop all other search plhgins and i have only flexiadvsearch plugin active still cant search from top level even with the name of an article that is ona level 2 subcategory.
Is there any work around to search from the top category and going down to subcategories or search is working only in the same category?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by sotiris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #74032 by ggppdk
Hello

search will use the current category view configuration

if you have configured to show subcategory items then you can search for them too

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
5 years 9 months ago #74034 by sotiris
well its true that search has more options.But the search i have activated in the category properties in search/filter form i have activate there "use search".It shows the search module but it doesnt include any subcategory custom fields i have created only if i enter in the specific subcategory this is working.General search is working a little bit better cause there i can search with the specific fields.in advance search options.

More
5 years 9 months ago #74035 by ggppdk
Hello

do you mean that a custom filter for the category view does not display ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
5 years 9 months ago #74036 by ggppdk
Hello

if you mean a custom filter, then yes of course
a filter selected in subcategories will not display in its parent category view

Filters displayed are the ones configured (or inherited via configuration) for current category view

More
5 years 9 months ago #74037 by ggppdk
Hello

please see my previous answers
if it is not the case that i described

then you may put the website online

and send me a PM with URL
and some steps to show the issue
maybe 2-3 pictures too

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.907 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline