JEvents: no integration with FLEXIcontent

2 years 11 months ago #62301 by iorbita
Hello :)
I see that there is no integration provided with FLEXIcontent and JEvents, it’s pity :( …but strange because JEvents offers a plugin that allows to attach one or more entries from CCKs. This plugin is compatible for K2, SobiPro, EasyBlog, Zoo, and … Joomla! Articles.
Since FLEXIcontent uses native Joomla items, why is it not compatible with JEvents?

Thank you for your clarifications ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #62302 by micker
i think the best question is for jevents dev not ?
did you test it ?
if jevents work with com_content it will work with flexi

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #62342 by iorbita
Hello,
I asked to JEvents developers but apparently is not really clear about the integration...

Here answers that I received:

Question:
Hello,
What is the level of integration with FLEXIcontent and JEvents?
I saw that you offer two plugins, JEvents CCK Plugin et JEvents Embed Plugin.
What is the difference between these two plugins compared to FLEXIcontent?
Thank you ;)

Answer1:
Hello,
I'm afraid at present we have no integration with FlexiContent. Our plugins just integrate with the likes of K2, SobiPro etc.
Many thanks
Tony

Question:
…indeed it’s pity that no integration is provided with FLEXIcontent :( ... but since FLEXIcontent uses native Joomla items and your plugin refers to Joomla articles, don’t you think that this is a valid reason to facilitate its integration?
I read that Content plugin (Embed Plugin) allows to show a link to an event or a series of events within a Joomla article, this is also the case for FLEXIcontent items?
Thank you ;)

Answer2:
Hello,
We call content plugins but not article plugins since we are not an article.
Many thanks
Tony

Answer3:
Its a while since I looked at FlexiContent - do they use Joomla content items as their data storage and extend this with custom fields and functionality like Seblod does? If so have you tried the JEvents CCK plugin?

... I think that the best solution is to try, but it's strange that nobody has tried before… :blink:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
© 2018 Flexicontent. All Rights Reserved.