Time offset issue with Flexi Universal Module

More
9 years 3 months ago #51795 by piperchick
Hello,

I have the Universal Module configured to publish using the date scope: This day, ignore year.

The module works well -- except it publishes according to UTC. I have tested the publish start / finish of articles, and they follow UTC -5 (which is correct, and what I have set in the Joomla configuration).

My settings are as follows:

Joomla date/time offset in configuration UTC -5 (Toronto)
My local time zone UTC -5
My server UTC -6
PHP setting in Joomla System setting UTC -6 (Chicago)
Field setting: Use editor's time zone "yes" (but it doesn't matter if I set it to "no")
Time zone guest viewers: Site's time zone (have tried other settings with no difference)
Time zone logged viewers: User local time (have tried other settings with no difference)
Flexi Universal Module Publishes UTC

I am running FC version 2.2.2 rc1 and Joomla! version 3.3.6.

I have tried to methodically go through each setting and have narrowed it down to the Universal Module based on the fact that articles publish at the correct time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

With thanks.

Stephanie

Lovin' FLEXIcontent at deadcanadians.ca
Dead Canadians: where are they now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #51818 by ggppdk
Hello

The module works well -- except it publishes according to UTC.

Answer:
there is no zone selection you will have to adjust your configuration, in the cases that it can be done

Explanation:
every user (website VISITOR) around the world has it's own timezone,

1. so the module output could not depend on visitor timezone because you have different visitors and caching will not work
2. using server time zone many or may not be what is desired
(again, you will have to adjust your configuration, in the cases that it can be done)

-- we could try reading the custom date field configuration, like:
Time zone guest viewers

and using them

but this is currently not implemented

you can open a feature request in GitHub

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 3 months ago #51842 by piperchick
Thanks. I assumed the Universal module would follow the general settings of the site as defined in the Joomla system settings. It have changed my timeline there with no effect on the module.

Thanks. I'll make a request on github.

Lovin' FLEXIcontent at deadcanadians.ca
Dead Canadians: where are they now?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline