display subcategories images from category_subcategories.php

More
11 years 2 months ago #33721 by gauthier
I am trying to display images of subcategories when subcategories link are created in a category view

I tried
Code:
foreach ($this->categories as $sub) : <?php echo $sub->image; ?> <a class="btn btn-danger" href="<?php echo JRoute::_( FlexicontentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($sub->slug) ); ?>"> <?php echo $this->escape($sub->title); ?> endforeach;

The problem is: the image displayed is the main category image and not from sub-categories. I had the same problem with the faq template.

There is a way to solve this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #33723 by ggppdk
Hello,
Upcoming version has a fully customized subcategory listing (for all templates), with title/description/image thumbnail parameters, and separator/prefix/suffix

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 2 months ago #33733 by gauthier
Great!

But I have to build that now, do you have any peace of code that I could integrate?

More
11 years 1 month ago #33770 by gauthier
How I could access this information?
it is a print_r from my subcategory
Code:
[data:protected] => stdClass Object ( [target] => _:default [image] => images/stories/icons/news.png (...)
calling $sub->image display the parent image
Code:
[image] =>
This is a bug or by default?

How I could use image field from first box?

More
11 years 1 month ago #33815 by ggppdk
Hello,
finished final, better use the built-in method instead of doing it manually, Check for new public download tomorrow or the day after

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline